none
Need help RRS feed

• Question

• I am running Windows 7 on an Acer Aspire One 722.  I am connecting to the internet by wireless connection.  My internet connection keeps stopping and I have to troubleshoot it to get it to work again.  I have the microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter downloaded and I cannot connect using it.  I tried looking into this and it gave me the error message that this driver could not be downloaded because it was not signed by something.  How can I get this to work properly and not use a wireless 2 connection?
    Sunday, June 2, 2013 7:19 AM

Answers

• Hi,

For this issue, it's better to download the latest wireless adapter driver from Acer, then install this new version.

In addition, you can test your computer in Clean Boot mode. This method will help us determine if this issue is caused by a loading program or service. Please perform the following steps:

1. Click the Start Button and type "msconfig" (without quotation marks) in the Search Box and press Enter.
    2. Select the Services tab in the open window. Check the “Hide all Microsoft Services” option and click Disable All.

3. Switch to the Startup tab and click Disable All.

4. Click OK to save the settings and select Restart when prompted.

5. Check whether or not the issue still occurs. 

Note: Temporarily disabling the Startup Group only prevents the startup programs from loading at startup. This shouldn't adversely affect the system or other programs. We can still manually run these programs later. 

More detail steps, you can refer to How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista

Also check this thread:

Uninstall Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Permanantly

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itpronetworking/thread/e7d49799-18fa-4b6c-9854-f94c7913c14d

Regards,

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, June 3, 2013 8:47 AM