none
Issue with sending encrypted emails

Question

• Hi,

We send out information from our SAAS system for users credentials which are encrypted, however, a particular customer goes through another encryption which is returning this error below;

Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: 5.7.60 SMTP; Client does not have permissions to send as this sender [AM4PR07MB1521.eurprd07.prod.outlook.com]

Could you let me know what this means and what we need to do to resolve this issue please?

Many thanks
    G.Chaggar

Tuesday, January 9, 2018 10:36 AM

All replies

• Hi,

To avoid misunderstanding, I’d like to confirm the situation.
    Your message couldn't be sent because it appears you're trying to send it from another mailbox, and you don't have permission to do that. 

Have you configured office 365 email ID for sending mails?

If yes then it seems that you cannot use your Office 365 email account to send emails via IMAP.

If not, please correct me.

To troubleshoot the issue, first, I need to confirm which method you chose to configure the SMTP relay.
    You can see the detailed steps and instruction of the 3 methods in https://support.office.com/en-us/article/How-to-set-up-a-multifunction-device-or-application-to-send-email-using-Office-365-69f58e99-c550-4274-ad18-c805d654b4c4?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Second, please help us confirm the following:
    1.When did you receive the error message, sending emails to just one specific recipient? 
    If yes, I suggest you try sending emails to other recipient in your organization to see if the issue persists. 
    2.Does the issue occur in both the Outlook client and Outlook Web App (OWA)?
    3.The entire non-delivery report(NDR).

We look forward to your update.

Thanks

Saurabh

Please remember to mark the solution as the answer using "Mark as Answer". If you find a solution to be helpful, please use "Vote as Helpful".

Tuesday, January 9, 2018 1:29 PM
  • Hi Saurabh,

Many thanks for coming back to me.

I have raised these queries with the Development team. I will come back to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards
    G.Chaggar

Monday, January 15, 2018 8:03 AM
  • Thanks for your response and hope they can help you!

Regards,

Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 3:08 AM
  • Hi,

Please be free to mark it as answer. if you find my contribution useful. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you

Cheers,

Saurabh

Please remember to mark the solution as the answer using "Mark as Answer". If you find a solution to be helpful, please use Vote as Helpful

Friday, January 19, 2018 2:33 AM
  • Hi,

I am currently standing by for further update from you and would like to know how things are going. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to let me know. And if the replies has helped you, please help to mark as answer and it could be helpful for others.

Thanks for your time and have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, February 1, 2018 9:01 AM