BgInfo reverting to previous desktop background if solid color changed RRS feed

• Question

• I am having an issue with bginfo reverting to the previous background if a user changes their existing bginfoed background to a new solid color. We are running bginfo as a scheduled task that runs at login as the user. Here are the steps to reproduce:

1. User has existing bginfoed background. Doesn't matter if it was a solid color or image. Lets call it desktop A
    2. User changes background to a solid color. Lets call it desktop B
    3. User logs in again and the new bginfoed background reverts to desktop A

The really strange part is that if a user logs in again, then the bginfoed background will then change to the correct background of desktop B. We are only able to reproduce the issue if the user changes their desktop to a new solid color. Changing the desktop to a new image does not seem to cause this reversion.

We have been able to workaround the issue by running bginfo twice in the scheduled task but then the user sees their wallpaper change twice upon login. The config is set to use the user's existing desktop. I don't see any relevant options to prevent this behavior when changing solid background colors. I assume it has something to do with the fact that if you change the background from solid color back to picture, then you see the previous solid color from when bginfo was run.

Most of our machines are win 10 pro 20H2

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Monday, November 23, 2020 4:58 PM