Outlook 2016 Tracking/voting problems RRS feed

• Question

• Hello team...

I have an user that uses a lot this tool from Outlook 2016 (the voting options), she was recently upgraded to Office 2016 version. And after this upgrade she is now having troubles with the tracking of the emails that she is receiving after a voting email. It simple doesn't match the number of confirmation email with the tracking.

I have done some research about this, but none of the solutions has worked...

Thanks in advance

Thursday, February 27, 2020 4:51 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

>> I have an user that uses a lot this tool from Outlook 2016 (the voting options), she was recently upgraded to Office 2016 version.
    What's the version of your current  Outlook? (File > Office Account > About Outlook). Please make sure you have upgraded your Outlook to the latest version.

>> It simple doesn't match the number of confirmation email with the tracking.
    Do you mean that there are more confirmation emails than tracking? 
    Can this problem be reproduced if you use other Outlook clients of the same version?

As I know, if you have the original voting email moved from Sent Items folder to another folder, the message tracking will stop working at that point which may cause there are more confirmation emails than tracking. Please check if you had moved the original voting email or if there is any rule which may affect the original voting email.
    What is also needed to be mentioned is that you need to open each voting response to make it show up in the tracking statistics.
    Besides, if you notice that this issue is always related to some certain users, it is suggested for you to use other email accounts to send votes to these certain users and see if there is any difference.

If those mentioned above are not your case, in order to conduct further researches on your issue, please try the following suggestions:

1. There could be some add-ins in your Outlook client that cause this issue, so it is suggested to start your Outlook in safe mode (Press Win + R, type “outlook /safe”, press Enter.) and see if the issue continues.
    2. A corrupted profile can lead this issue, so please try creating and using a new Outlook profile via Control Panel > Mail > Show profile and see if there is any difference.
    Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 28, 2020 7:52 AM
  • Do you mean that there are more confirmation emails than tracking?   Yes

Can this problem be reproduced if you use other Outlook clients of the same version? I've not tried that.

Please check if you had moved the original voting email or if there is any rule which may affect the original voting email. OK, let me check that with the user.

If those mentioned above are not your case, in order to conduct further researches on your issue, please try the following suggestions: OK, I'll try these two suggestions as well...

As soon as I get more info I'll let you know.

Thanks!!

Friday, February 28, 2020 11:13 PM
  • This is a common issue, at least I've seen it a lot of times but I don't know the solution, I think a letter to the support center could help you fix it
    Sunday, March 1, 2020 11:46 AM
  • Hi ,

Thanks for your reply.

Please try my suggestions and see if it works.

If you have any update about this issue, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 2, 2020 9:58 AM
  • I have done another test, with 148 emails on the destination and some of them did not reflect on the tracking (about 10 persons) even when no received emails were moved/deleted from the inbox. There's no rules running either.

What I have left to do it's create profile again and uninstall/reinstall office.

I Don't know what else you might think necessary to check.

Thanks

Tuesday, March 3, 2020 6:19 PM
  • Hi ,

Thanks for your reply.
    I researched a lot but haven't found more relevant solutions to your issues.

>>What I have left to do it's create profile again and uninstall/reinstall office.
    As mentioned before, can this problem be reproduced if you use other Outlook clients of the same version? Please provide me with the results of this test.
    Besides, it is suggested to try creating and using a new Outlook profile to see if it works.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Thursday, March 5, 2020 9:37 AM
  • Hi ,

It has been a while, how is everything going?

If you have any update about this issue, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Tuesday, March 10, 2020 3:28 AM