Permissions issue in Outlook 2002 after instaling SP2 for Update Rollup 6 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

one of my client can't display Send items folder after I installed SP2 for update rollup 6.

There is only information: You can't display this folder. You don't have permissions to do operation on this object.

This applies only to Outlook 2002 SP3 on Windows XP SP3. In OWA everything is OK.

What should I do to resolve this issue? (Except buying new office of course :) )

Monday, March 11, 2013 3:34 PM

Answers

• Sorry for coming across as insensitive, but the customer needs to get real.  If they think its appropriate to use software that's 11 years old, they have unrealistic expectations and/or are not maintaining the health of their environment.  Even if you WERE to fix this issue, there are several other known problems with Outlook 2002 and Exchange 2010 (example, and another).  The solution *IS* to use a more modern version of Outlook, or have the user leverage OWA.

Mike Crowley | MVP
    My Blog -- Planet Technologies

• Marked as answer by kcerb Monday, March 11, 2013 8:02 PM
    Monday, March 11, 2013 6:53 PM

All replies

• And I assume they are still using a very old and totally unsupported client because they can't upgrade it?  I will guarantee you that Microsoft isn't testing Outlook 2002 against any version of Exchange anymore.
    Monday, March 11, 2013 3:37 PM
  • Yes, you're right but the problem still exist for me....
    Monday, March 11, 2013 4:00 PM
  • You are trying to do something that isn't supposed to work.  What more do you want to know?

Mike Crowley | MVP

Monday, March 11, 2013 5:39 PM
  • kcerb, Mike is right - if you can get it to work, you are lucky.  Microsoft doesn't say it is supposed to work, and if you ask for assistance, they will say upgrade.
    Monday, March 11, 2013 5:46 PM
  • I agree with you guys. It is clear for me.

Now I have to explain somehowto the customer that even though he did not broke anything on his computer, he must buy the new Office. Yesterday it worked fine and today he have to buy Office. :)

Monday, March 11, 2013 5:55 PM
  • Is it for single user or multiple user?

If single user can you try to reconfigure outlook and check, also please check whether any new windows/office patch was installed?

Ganga Enterprise Messaging Administrator-Exchange 2010. Windows 2008 Active Directory Configuring.

Monday, March 11, 2013 6:00 PM
  • Sorry for coming across as insensitive, but the customer needs to get real.  If they think its appropriate to use software that's 11 years old, they have unrealistic expectations and/or are not maintaining the health of their environment.  Even if you WERE to fix this issue, there are several other known problems with Outlook 2002 and Exchange 2010 (example, and another).  The solution *IS* to use a more modern version of Outlook, or have the user leverage OWA.

Mike Crowley | MVP

• Marked as answer by kcerb Monday, March 11, 2013 8:02 PM
    Monday, March 11, 2013 6:53 PM
  • You are absolutely right Mike. I understand your frustration.
    Monday, March 11, 2013 7:59 PM