none
How to use an imported list template from a site collection to another?

Question

• Hello Forum

In my SharePoint Online, I have a site collection called (SC1) where I have created a list and saved it as a template, then, I downloaded (.stp) the template from it gallery.

In my other site collection (SC2), I have uploaded the list template (.stp) into List templates which is in Site Settings page.

My question is: In the second site collection (SC2), How can I create lists based on the template that I just uploaded?

When I go to add Add App > My template is NOT there.... Am I missing something? Is there anything to be activated in the second site collection?

Please, Let me know ! 

Friday, August 12, 2016 10:12 AM

Answers

• Hi Tech-Developer,

I tested in my SharePoint Online environment, when I upload the list template to another site collection, when adding app, I can find the list which is generated based on the template. When adding the app, the list will be named as the same title with the template uploaded.

I suggest you can check if the app existed, if the issue still exists, please provide more detailed information with list type so that we can try to reproduce the issue in our environment.

Thanks

Best Regards

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 15, 2016 5:57 AM