I cannot add my PC as a Trusted one RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Windows 8 Pro on my PC. I am trying to add my computer in the Microsoft account but I get the error:

Trusted PC                

We don't have the info we need to add this as a trusted PC. Make sure that you've enabled cookies in your browser, close it, then open your browser again.

What is wrong?

Saturday, December 8, 2012 1:31 PM

Answers

All replies

• Marked as answer by Codrut Popescu Saturday, December 8, 2012 11:55 PM
    Saturday, December 8, 2012 10:57 PM
  • Thanks. I have switched to a local account and I'll be using as this for a while. But your feedback was useful. Thank you! :)
    Saturday, December 8, 2012 11:55 PM
  • I am trying to find an answer to Codrut Popescu's problem, which I am also experiencing.

My Microsoft Account profile showed the computer on which I originally installed Windows 8 Release Preview as a trusted PC. The computer with that name is not available. It also shows my current workstation's name on which Windows 8 Pro has been installed for a few months, but it displays the statement "We don't have the info we need to add this as a trusted PC. Make sure that you've enabled cookies in your browser, close it, then open your browser again."

I am doing the above check on the computer I am attempting to assign as trusted.

The article to which Milos Puchta posted a link only describes how to delete the trusted PC from the Microsoft profile but not how to add a trusted computer, even if it is the computer being used. I was able to delete the name of the PC with Windows 8 Release Preview from the trusted PCs list but can't get it to accept the other or add another, even if I make sure that cookies are enabled in the IE 10 browser. The browser message still says to make sure to enable cookies.

Thank you.

• Edited by PJStoo Wednesday, February 6, 2013 11:32 PM
    Wednesday, February 6, 2013 10:22 PM