How to troubleshoot Skype For Business Web App RRS feed

• Question

• I'am currently working on Migration from Lync Server 2010 to Skype For Business Server.

My current problem is how to get external users to Connect to Meetings from the Simple-URL meet.contoso.com

This Works fine in the current Lync 2010 environment.

When i move my user to the S4B pool, and invite an external user to join a Meeting, it Works fine as-long as the user is using a Client (Either lync og S4B). But when no Client is installed, and the external Client opens a website (and is supposed to ask me to join as guest, or use credentials), the S4B website opens but just says "Service Error! There was an error in contacting the service - "Join Using Office Communicator"

Im struggling on how I can troubleshoot this.

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 2:19 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The issue not related with Office Web APPs Server.

Please check if you have published Simple URL meet to the Internet successfully (including the DNS record, the SAN entry of the certificate on Reverse Proxy).

Please also try to reset Internet Explorer and then test again.

Best Regards 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Eason Huang Thursday, December 3, 2015 8:47 AM
    Thursday, November 12, 2015 8:50 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Which Browser did they use?

Try to use Internet Explorer to have a test.

After choose join as guest or use credentials, make sure that they click the option “Install Skype for Business Web App plug-in”.

Also you can troubleshoot with the help of the link below:

https://support.office.com/en-ie/article/Trouble-installing-the-Skype-for-Business-Web-App-plug-in-958fc5f1-2d6f-42e3-815d-a9516c591274

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2423848

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 7:14 AM
  • They use Internet Explorer.

But the external users are shown the error Message "Servie Error!" before they even get a chance to choose "Sign in as guest" or "Use Credentials". This Works fine for internal users. Problem is only external.

Does the Office Web Apps server need to be published through Reverse Proxy for this to work?

• Edited by JorgenJoh Wednesday, November 11, 2015 7:27 AM
    Wednesday, November 11, 2015 7:27 AM
  • Hi,

The issue not related with Office Web APPs Server.

Please check if you have published Simple URL meet to the Internet successfully (including the DNS record, the SAN entry of the certificate on Reverse Proxy).

Please also try to reset Internet Explorer and then test again.

Best Regards 

Eason Huang

• Marked as answer by Eason Huang Thursday, December 3, 2015 8:47 AM
    Thursday, November 12, 2015 8:50 AM
  • Hi JorgenJoh,
    Did you ever resolve this issue?
    I'm doing a swing migration 2010 to SFB and I get exactly the same problem.
    Internally to the company the web app to join conferences page works fine but as soon as I try externally using the ?sl=1 switch at the end of a meeting invite, the page shows "this page can't be displayed" in IE and "Secure connection failed" in Firefox.
    I know it's getting to the site as I see the ssl certificate it's using as my digicert one. SAN entries are correct as are the DNS records. Any help from you or Microsoft people would be greatly appreciated.    Cheers, Jason.

Thursday, April 21, 2016 7:28 AM
  • My issue turned out to be my reverse-proxy. I was Using IIS ARR, and i was sure the ports where reversing to 4443 and 8080, but when i looked in the xml. config files of the Proxy rules. it said 443 and 80.
    • Proposed as answer by Jason Wake Thursday, April 21, 2016 8:03 AM
    Thursday, April 21, 2016 7:31 AM