none
Excluding foldername irrespective of where it is in the file system or by globbing RRS feed

• Question

• When backing up (server or workstation), I need to be able to exclude a folder based on its name e.g. node_modules. I don't care where it is in the file system. Either globbing or exact match would be fine

Currently using DPM 2016  5.0.361.0 (upgrading to the new semi-annual channel in the very near future)

I've read a few relevant threads previously, but with no good solutions (just workarounds).

- Hunting down every one of those and clicking checkboxes is not an realistic option (as was suggested in one thread)

- Writing a script to go manually add the exclusions seems a bit excessive, and must be maintained in some fashion (as was suggested in another thread)

Is this feature available and just not documented very well?

If it isn't available, is it even on the road map for the product?

Thanks,

Christine

Thursday, August 9, 2018 2:34 PM

Answers

• House Keeping - closing post.

Unfortunately there are no provisions to exclude folders using wildcards, you need to exclude the whole path.  There are no plans to change the current design, however, you can provide feedback HERE.

Regards
    Mike Jacquet

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, January 3, 2020 5:48 PM