none
Upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10 using MDT+WDS - automatically RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to upgrade 4 of my Windows 7 PC to Windows 10 using MDT+WDS server, i can find once after logging into Windows 7 Machine and accessing the \\Server\DeploymentShare$\Scripts\LiteTouch.vbs and executing the litetouch.vbs file manually it starts to process the task sequence and have to do couple of manual options etc..

My query is, is there a way to upgrade my Client OS automatically instead of the above manual process? hence in my present environment there is no SCCM available, MDT integrating to WDS is working fine..

Any help please!!! Thanks in Advance!!!

Mohammed...

Tuesday, January 9, 2018 4:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Can anyone please suggest\Help me to automate the process of Windows 10 Upgradation using WDS+MDT(SCCM not in my present Setup), i am trying to upgrade 4 of my Windows 7 domain client to windows 10 having all the data without any impact, i understand the process of executing the LiteTouch.vbs execution after logging into Client machine and accessing the Deployment share and running the LiteTouch.vbs, it seems to be hard to log into all the client machine and manually execute the process,is there any process to upgrade windows 10 instead of doing the manual process??

Any help please!!!

Mohammed...

• Merged by Joy-Qiao Tuesday, January 9, 2018 8:10 AM same thread
    Monday, January 8, 2018 5:38 AM
  • Am 08.01.2018 um 06:38 schrieb Mohammed_Jaz:
    > Can anyone please suggest\Help me to automate the process of Windows 10
    > Upgradation using WDS+MDT(SCCM not in my present Setup), [...]

- import FULL CD with Source File
    - use Update TaskSequenz.

There is no "ZeroTouch" without an Agent, that runs "setup.exe /auto
    upgrade" instead of yourself.

Alternativ: Use WSUS and WSUS Package Publisher to deploy the
    commandline or deploy an Scheduled Task by Group Policy that runs the
    commandline or a computer startup script or ...

Mark
    --
    Mark Heitbrink - MVP Group Policy - Cloud and Datacenter Management

Homepage:  http://www.gruppenrichtlinien.de - deutsch

GET Privacy and DISABLE Telemetry on Windows 10 - gp-pack PaT

Monday, January 8, 2018 5:10 PM
  • Thanks for your reply..

I understand the option you mentioned above..That is what i am trying to attain..i created the Task Sequence successfully, once after logging into Windows 7 machine have to run that litetouch.vbs, will try to create a startup script of the litetouch file and confirm the status..

Mohammed...

Tuesday, January 9, 2018 5:51 AM
  • You could make the process silent either by modifying CustomSettings.ini to automatically select the TS, skip UI pages, etc or by adding parameters to your cscript.exe LiteTouch.vbs command. However, you would still need to find a way to bootstrap the entire process unless you are willing to walk to each machine and execute the initial command manually. 

Here is an example for running LiteTouch.vbs silently:

LiteTouch.vbs "/SkipTaskSequence:YES /SkipSummary:YES /SkipFinalSummary:YES /HideShell:YES /TaskSequenceID:UPGRADE-WIN10 /SkipDeploymentType:Yes /SkipComputerName:YES /SkipDomainMembership:YES /SkipUserData:YES /SkipComputerBackup:YES /ComputerBackupLocation:NONE /SkipLocaleSelection:YES /SkipApplications:YES /SkipAdminPassword:YES /SkipBitLocker:YES"

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Tuesday, January 9, 2018 7:04 AM