none
Can't delete Enterprise Project Type RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an issue where I was testing workflows creating test projects and then deleting them.  During this process I created a second EPT to associate to the workflow process I had.  I no longer need the second EPT and have deleted all the projects associated with it.  When I try to delete the EPT in PWA it keeps saying there are projects tied to it.  I've checked the following:

1. Checked in PWA for any project associated with the EPT
    2. Queried the Reporting DB for any project associated with the EPT
    3. Queried the Published and Draft DB for any project associated with the EPT
    4. Deleted all of the test projects I used in the workflow out of the Archived DB
    5. I tried to use the EPT association tool but got a "unexpected error occurred" on the solution starter so I reinstalled it on the app server but still got the same result.
    6. I've also reviewed the uls logs and haven't seen anything kicking errors

My last option here is to go directly into the published, draft and reporting db and deleting the EPT out of the EPT table.  Can someone confirm that this would be a viable option or offer up any other suggestions.

Thanks for your help

Donald R. Landry

Saturday, March 24, 2012 11:25 AM

All replies

• Did you check queue, there might be something that stuck. You can restart the queue service just in case. Check for workflows if there is any running currently. 

Thanks, Kashif

Sunday, March 25, 2012 9:27 AM
  • Hi Kashif,

I had previously deleted all workflows associated with this project type and there isn't anything in the queue as I searched using a date range from prior to my beginning this process to current.

Let me know if you have any other suggestions.  If some MVP from microsoft could respond to this I'd appreciate knowing if I can go directly into the published, draft, reporting db's and deleting the EPT directly.

Thanks

Donald R. Landry

Sunday, March 25, 2012 10:22 AM
  • Donald strange indeed. Please do not modify the tables directly. I would contact MS Premier support to get this resolved.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 8:24 PM