none
DPMRA Service Fails to start RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

We're running DPM 2007 and have installed the DPM Agent on a Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 with the following roles: File Server, Print Server,  Application Server, Remote Access/VPN Server, Domain Controller, DNS/DHCP Server.

The agent installs without issue, but the DPMRA service will not start.  Upon manually starting the DPMRA service, the following error appears: Windows could not start the DPMRA on Local Computer.  For more information, review the System Event Log.  If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to the service-specific error code 1332.

I went through the Event Logs and found nothing that refers to DPMRA.  I checked that all of the dependent services are running and that all of the TCP ports needed are not in use or being blocked.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue or can point me in a new direction?

Thanks,

Kib

• Edited by Kib Bibens Wednesday, September 21, 2011 1:10 PM
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 1:00 PM

Answers

• Hi Kib,

Do you have any extra security groups that have the same name as the ones above, but end in something like $PS? For example "DPMRADmTrustedMachines$PS". If so please delete these.

Does the setdpmserver.exe command run on the server? If it fails what error(s) does it give?

Thanks,

Marc

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 1:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Kib,

Make sure DPM server machine account is not missing from any of the following security groups on the protected server:

• DPMRADmTrustedMachines
    • DPMRADCOMTrustedMachines
    • Distributed COM Users

If it is missing from any of the above groups manually add it.

Thanks,

Marc

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 1:21 PM
  • Hi Mark,

The DPM Server is a member of these security groups.

Anything else I need to check?

Thanks,

Kib

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 1:28 PM
  • Hi Kib,

Do you have any extra security groups that have the same name as the ones above, but end in something like $PS? For example "DPMRADmTrustedMachines$PS". If so please delete these.

Does the setdpmserver.exe command run on the server? If it fails what error(s) does it give?

Thanks,

Marc

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 1:50 PM