none
Sharepoint dropdown menu issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have a customer publishing MOSS 2007 thru IAG 2007 using the 3.7SP2 template that supports AAM.   Most of the site seems to work fine, but there are some drop down menus that don't work.  The same menus work perfectly fine, not thru the IAG.  Basically they are type of menus that when you hover the mouse over the menu title, the menu items are supposed to appear below.  The developer of these menus said they are, ".net code using the site navigation tool.  .net generates the list of values in a ordered list and the css and js format it."

Anyone ever seen anything similar or have any advice in troubleshooting such an issue?   I doublechecked the web servers properties on IAG and the AAM rules in Sharepoint and they look fine to me.   Is it possible to write sharepoint code that is or isn't AAM friendly; or to word differently, is AAM something a sharepoint developer needs to account from when writing code?

Thanks!,
    Mark
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 4:10 PM

Answers

• Hi Mark,
    Generally, the answer is YES - Sharepoint code needs to be AAM aware to work seamlessly when published. Most built-in webparts are, but a lot of 3rd party code is not and that creates problems such as the one you describe.

Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Thursday, January 21, 2010 6:49 PM
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 6:49 PM