none
Open Multiple Instances of Outlook with different Profiles simultaneously

Question

• Hi All,

I have 5 different profiles and can I open 5 different instances of Outlook simultaneously?

Also Outlook shortcut uses the /recycle switch because of which the same profile (opened first) will open when different profile is provided as an argument in the command line. Is there any way to suppress this /recycle switch?

Thanks,

Ashrith

Monday, April 10, 2017 12:10 PM

Answers

• Hi Ashrith,

I'm afraid it is not possible to open multiple different instances of Outlook with different profiles simultaneously. When one profile is opened, no matter what you try, it will always open new instances with the same profile.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 6:43 AM

All replies

• Hi Ashrith,

I'm afraid it is not possible to open multiple different instances of Outlook with different profiles simultaneously. When one profile is opened, no matter what you try, it will always open new instances with the same profile.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 6:43 AM
  • Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply!

I was going through some articles and found that there is a freeware called ExtraOutlook which can achieve this. I also tried using this and it worked. I guess they are playing with the /recycle switch. 

Do you or any one knows how to suppress the /recycle switch when opening Outlook.exe from command line?

Thanks,

Ashrith

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 8:42 AM
  • But here Microsoft says that it's possible...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_outlook-mso_other/running-two-or-more-email-profiles-concurrently-in/452c14f2-d8de-4baa-81ab-99a8d40de105

Ayan Mullick Principal Infrastructure Engineer. British Petroleum.

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 8:24 PM
  • Hi Ayan,

I have tried what is present in the link which you shared. But the second and subsequent instances of Outlook that I open will have the same profile as that of the first instance of Outlook.

Thanks,

Ashrith

Monday, April 17, 2017 4:15 AM
  • Same here...

Is there a way to configure this without using any third part tool or add-in?

Thursday, August 16, 2018 6:21 AM