Need to force SFB account to loggoff RRS feed

• Question

• My skype for business online account is logged in somewhere and I cannot find the system it's logged in on. I have changed my password, but my account still shows logged in. Is there a way to force my account to logoff?

thanks 

• Edited by rondefino Monday, July 18, 2016 8:07 PM
    Monday, July 18, 2016 8:05 PM

Answers

• There is no way to force remote logoff Skye4Business Online client however O365 Admin center will provide you the details where were you login to get the details and logoff if the device is accessible to you.

1. Go to the Office 365 admin center Reports.

2. In the Office 365 Dashboard window, under Skype for Business click Client devices per user.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/The-Client-devices-per-user-report-fd08d104-8bed-40c3-831b-339082c659c2?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&fromAR=1

If you are bothering about the misuse you can temporarily disable your account for 8 hours, as you already changed your password your remote device will not be login after that as the existing client certificate will not be valid after 8 hours unless you provide valid credentials to authenticate and download the client cert from the server.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Rajukb | MCSE (Communication ), MCSA (o365) ,Certified "Lync server 2013 depth support engineer"| This posting is providedwith no warranties and confers no rights. If my reply answers your question please mark as answer/helpful if its helpful.

Monday, July 18, 2016 9:00 PM
  • Sorry, I was on vacation and got behind. 

What I did was I disabled my account and that looks to have kicked it off. We'll see, as time goes.

thanks 

• Marked as answer by rondefino Friday, July 29, 2016 3:18 PM
    Friday, July 29, 2016 2:09 PM

All replies

• https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt314451(v=exchg.160).aspx

think this is closest you get to know which device you are logged in from. Another way would be to temporary disable your skype account.

You are either logged in from pc,mobile,tablet or owa.

Are you in hybrid mode (using on-prem Skype for business) ?

As far as I know, there is no option to force log off using powershell or admin interface.

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

Monday, July 18, 2016 8:25 PM
  • thank you. So I tested the disable on a test account and it worked, but not sure where to find the needed info to enable it again.

Here's is an example of what  i found on the net:

Enable-CsUser -Identity "Mike Rowsoft" -RegistrarPool "FrontEnd01.domain.com" -SipAddress "sip:mike.rowsoft@domain.com" | Set-CsUser -EnterpriseVoiceEnabled $True -lineURI "TEL:+44123549092;ext=9092"

Do you know where I can find the needed info?

Also we have a 2010 lync on premise environment. But my account is in the clound. 

thanks 

Monday, July 18, 2016 8:58 PM
  • There is no way to force remote logoff Skye4Business Online client however O365 Admin center will provide you the details where were you login to get the details and logoff if the device is accessible to you.

1. Go to the Office 365 admin center Reports.

2. In the Office 365 Dashboard window, under Skype for Business click Client devices per user.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/The-Client-devices-per-user-report-fd08d104-8bed-40c3-831b-339082c659c2?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&fromAR=1

If you are bothering about the misuse you can temporarily disable your account for 8 hours, as you already changed your password your remote device will not be login after that as the existing client certificate will not be valid after 8 hours unless you provide valid credentials to authenticate and download the client cert from the server.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Rajukb | MCSE (Communication ), MCSA (o365) ,Certified "Lync server 2013 depth support engineer"| This posting is providedwith no warranties and confers no rights. If my reply answers your question please mark as answer/helpful if its helpful.

Monday, July 18, 2016 9:00 PM
  • I did run the report, but there is no useful info. It doesn't tell me the device.

Monday, July 18, 2016 9:06 PM
  • sorry, cannot get the image to show. But it just shows the "windows activities". Not what devices. 
    Monday, July 18, 2016 9:07 PM
  • If your account is on Hybrid setup and on cloud, rather disabling the account try to move the user to Lync Onprem for a while, during this process all the existing logon devices will be logoff.

as in your account moved to Onprem  to signon logout devices required to enter the password to obtain a client certificate.

once you able to logon onprem, then move your user back to online. 

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn689115.aspx

Note: prepare your script for single user and execute.

http://guybachar.net/2014/03/31/moving-users-back-to-lync-on-premises-from-lync-online/

Monday, July 18, 2016 9:31 PM
  • Did you also try the power shell suggested by off2work 

Get-CsClientDeviceDetailReport -StartDate 01/01/2015 -EndDate 01/31/2015

Also could try what Raju suggested if moving to onpremise is an option that you have.

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 9:49 AM
  • Yes, agree with other engineers, we can run commands to get some reports.

As following document mentioned:

Quick reference: Skype for Business Online reporting

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Quick-reference-Skype-for-Business-Online-reporting-ea14ee85-87f8-476d-8ff5-a3885b8c07fb

For example, run “Get-CsUserActivitiesReport”, “Get-CsClientDeviceReport”, “Get-CsClientDeviceDetailReport”.

However based on my tests, it’s hard to show the detailed client information(for example, client version, IP, OS, etc.)

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 9:41 AM
  • Hello Rondefino,

Just wanted to follow-up, is the issue solved ? or still looking for any information ? in case if the issue solved please mark it as answer to close the thread which will be helpful to our team not to put any efforts to continue this thread and useful for users who are looking for similar info.

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 5:11 PM
  • Sorry, I was on vacation and got behind. 

What I did was I disabled my account and that looks to have kicked it off. We'll see, as time goes.

thanks 

• Marked as answer by rondefino Friday, July 29, 2016 3:18 PM
    Friday, July 29, 2016 2:09 PM
  • Good to know that the issue was solved. 

Yeah disabling the user will logout devices and as you have already changed the password it will not login again. thats the workaround.

please mark it as answer to reply which was helped to you to close the thread so that team will not focus on this open item which saves time to focus on other open items.

Friday, July 29, 2016 3:16 PM