none
Windows 10 Evaluation Version 1607 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I am getting ready to deploy windows 10 to several new laptops using MDT 2013 and I have created a golden image, along with the task sequence. 

So after deploying the image, I see that their is watermark on the bottom right hand corner of the screen, that says Windows 10 enterprise evaluation windows license vaild for 90 days.

How can I get rid of this watermark, the dell laptops originally came with windows 10, shouldn't that have activated it. I did try slmgr /ato and it says it activated successfully. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Bobby

Thursday, January 19, 2017 10:19 PM

Answers

• IF you downloaded the Windows 10 "Eval" ISO image, it will *ONLY* install Eval OS, 90 max, no exceptions. This is the WRONG iso image for production use.

If you have the correct Windows 10 Enterprise VL license, then you can download the full Windows 10 Enterprise VL media from Microsoft.

IF you don't have a windows 10 Enterprise VL license, then I assume that your machines are licensed for either Windows 10 Pro or Home (For Business laptops, this is typically pro). You can download the Windows 10 Pro media from Microsoft, and import into MDT for Direct Deployment (not recommended for creating custom wim images, long story).

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Monday, January 23, 2017 5:23 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If the activation keys are in BIOS one of the problems is that the image you used is not compatible with the key that is in the BIOS. There are several OEM versions of Windows 10 one of them is pre-enabled for resellers.

Another problem if you did a direct upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 and did not activate the 10 it can give activation error.

If this answer help please mark it as a answer :) Thanks, Ricardo Cabral

Thursday, January 19, 2017 11:15 PM
  • IF you downloaded the Windows 10 "Eval" ISO image, it will *ONLY* install Eval OS, 90 max, no exceptions. This is the WRONG iso image for production use.

If you have the correct Windows 10 Enterprise VL license, then you can download the full Windows 10 Enterprise VL media from Microsoft.

IF you don't have a windows 10 Enterprise VL license, then I assume that your machines are licensed for either Windows 10 Pro or Home (For Business laptops, this is typically pro). You can download the Windows 10 Pro media from Microsoft, and import into MDT for Direct Deployment (not recommended for creating custom wim images, long story).

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Monday, January 23, 2017 5:23 AM
  • Thanks Keith! So I guess that this evaluation 1607 will never activate even with a VL key. I did spend quite a bit of time getting it customized to the companies standards and adding in all the tweaks to personalize it. Oh well time to start all over... Thanks, Bobby
    Monday, January 23, 2017 7:01 AM