none
After reboot users profile is gone RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm running Windows  7 with just about all fixes installed except SP1.  I am phasing out Windows 2003 and running all Windows 2008/Windows 7 in the domain.  A new person started and has a Dell D620 Latitude, which was slow and made much faster by installing an OCZ SSD drive.

My problem is that the machine has crashed a few times, and the profile data was lost, ie Outlook profile, shortcuts etc.  I noticed as login with Domain Administrator, IE kept asking me for first run settings.

There doesn't appear to be anything in the logs about loading a temporary profile.  In most cases once I reboot its like logging in as the user for a first time.

I'm at a loss, any thoughts on troubleshooting from here?

Tuesday, March 1, 2011 11:14 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for the post!

I recommend you do a System File Checker:

1. Insert the Windows 7 installation DVD into the DVD-ROM; Click Exit if the auto-menu pops up.

2. Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow. 

3.  At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

If it doesn’t work, perform an In-Place Upgrade on it. Refer to: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2255099

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, March 4, 2011 6:16 AM