none
PWA not doing what it's supposed too... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, i hope this is the correct forum.. it's been sometime since i last posted.. so here goes..

Just wondered if anyone can help with the following issues…

I have 3 problems that I cannot cure.

Automatic Syncronisation between PWA and AD has stopped running..

So I manually run the task, and it sync’s with no errors...But then

Users in various groups I have had running (PMO, Resource Managers) loose access to SharePoint Libraries.. Most of these areas are InfoPath built documents, held on the same server, so the url path is common

Totally unrelated.. I think, is the CUBE build does not run automatically. Again, I run it manually, and apart from 1 user having no access rights (not one of the EPM Named Admin users) it runs with no errors.

Now I know someone will ask for error logs, I have got the logs switched on and running in verbose modes, they vary in size between 9000 Kb and 56000Kb, so I should be able to e-mail one or two with no problems.

Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio                                                                           9.00.2047.00

Microsoft Analysis Services Client Tools                                                                                 2005.090.2047.00

Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC)                                                                       2000.086.3959.00 (srv03_sp2_rtm.070216-1710)

Microsoft MSXML                                                                                            2.6 3.0 6.0

Microsoft Internet Explorer                                                                                        6.0.3790.3959

Microsoft .NET Framework                                                                                          2.0.50727.3649

Microsoft .NET Framework                                                                          3.5 SP1

Operating System                                                                                            5.2.3790

SharePoint 3.0

Win2003 SP2 Standard Edition

Any help will be greatly appreciated.. as i’ve had to rebuild this thing last year, and it was running fine!!!

Tuesday, August 6, 2013 3:23 PM

All replies

• Seems like timer job issue. Who is the owner of both scheduled AD and OLPA cube build job? , You can view this information from Manage queue page. 

1) AD sync issue.

Log on to PWA site using service account. Disable existing scheduled AD sync job by clearing the check box for "Schedule Synchronization"  and make sure to click on save.

Once again navigate back to same make and this time enable the schedule by selecting the check box and saving the settings.

After AD sync job is completed , from manage queue make sure that WSS root site sync job and AD sync job is successfully completed

3) Similarly for OLAP cube build clear the check box for "Update periodically" save the settings and enable it again my selecting the check box. Save the settings.

At this moment I think you can turn of verbose logging.

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, August 7, 2013 12:33 PM
  • Hrishi,

Thanks for the reply.. normally the AD sync and OLAP build are run under my credentials, but i've just checked on the manully run jobs from yesterday, and they are not appearing at all.. even though they have reported back as completed.

I'll post the results on the rest of this as soon as i can.

RegardsMarc 

Wednesday, August 7, 2013 12:58 PM
  • Hrishi,

I've just checked and no, that did not work.

regards

Marc

Thursday, August 8, 2013 7:26 AM
  • Marc,

We need to verify whether timer job has been created or not. Navigate to SharePoint Central admin and then click on Monitoring. Click on "Review Job definitions", Look for Project Server 'Project Server Service Application:PWA'    Cube Admin job or similar.  If you see that job click on the same and review when was the job last executed also, review recurring schedule.

Similarly review the timer job for AD sync.

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, August 8, 2013 12:28 PM