none
RE: Upgrading to UR7 RRS feed

• Question

• if i were to upgrade from dpm 2012 r2 rtm to ur7 via windows updates will my backups still function afterwards? or would i have to upgrade all the server agents first?
    Friday, October 30, 2015 9:34 AM

Answers

• Yes! As you have to restart both the DPM-server and the protection agents when you have perform and version-upgrade is recommended to do this during a maintenance window.

Please remember to `Mark as Answered` a post that answers your question and/or `Vote as Helpful` posts that have helped you. This will help others find answers to similar problems/questions.

Kind Regards
    Markus Eliasson

Friday, October 30, 2015 12:38 PM

All replies

• Hi Karl,

Your backups may continue working but there is no guarantee for that!
    So if you want to make sure you are running a supported scenario your DPM-server and DPM-agents have to be on the same version.

Kind Regards
    Markus Eliasson

Friday, October 30, 2015 11:39 AM
  • ok i'll have to do that upgrade in a maintenance window then.
    Friday, October 30, 2015 12:33 PM
  • Yes! As you have to restart both the DPM-server and the protection agents when you have perform and version-upgrade is recommended to do this during a maintenance window.

Please remember to `Mark as Answered` a post that answers your question and/or `Vote as Helpful` posts that have helped you. This will help others find answers to similar problems/questions.

Kind Regards
    Markus Eliasson

Friday, October 30, 2015 12:38 PM