Direct Setup fail HELP!!!!! RRS feed

• Question

• help me please!!! i need help fixing this error : A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted.

Friday, June 27, 2014 12:32 PM

Answers

• Impossible to respond to your post due to lack of definitive information.

When you experience a problem with your computer and you need help, forums and newsgroups can be excellent resources for finding that help. If you design your question effectively, you can get good information from people who are knowledgeable about the topic and who are happy to help you.

Note This article deals with concerns or problems that are related to Microsoft Windows operating systems and Microsoft products, but there is , you can apply this article generally to any forum or newsgroup discussion.

Important Before you take any troubleshooting steps, make sure that you back up all your important data.

Collect information relevant to your question

You want to design your question effectively. The question has to catch the attention of the best person for the answer, and it should be short and to the point so that you don't overwhelm the people reviewing your post.

Follow this checklist when you write your forum posting:
    • In the subject line, type a brief description of your problem or question. For example: "my screen is black" or "I cannot print to my XYZ printer." A subject line that says only "I need help" will not catch the attention of someone who may be familiar with your particular situation.
    • In the body of the posting, describe the problem or question. Include all necessary details but no unnecessary ones. A short description is easier to understand and will save the reviewer time.
    • If possible, include the steps to reproduce the problem, as in the following example:
      1. I turn on my laptop.
      2. I hear one long beep, then two short beeps.
      3. White text appears on a black screen, but Windows doesn’t start.
    • Include a basic description of your system, as relevant to the problem. For example, include the following:
      • The operating system version
      • The CPU or processor
      • The video card (also known as a graphics device, video adapter, or GPU)
      • The amount of system memory (RAM)
      • The hard disk size and model
      • The version of software or model of hardware that you’re using and that may be related to the problem
      • The version of virus scanner or malware scanner that you’re using
      It may be difficult to determine some of these specifications. The following are examples of free programs that you can use to find this information: 
      Speccy - System Information from Piriform
            (http://www.piriform.com/speccy/download/standard)    
      Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit
            (http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html)    
    • Include the following information:
      • Any software or hardware that you recently installed or removed
      • Any recent changes that were made to the system
      • The amount of time that that you have experienced the problem
      • The things that you have already tried to troubleshoot the problem, and the results.
    • Add a thank-you line. This may seem obvious, but it’s easy to overlook, and it’s important to be courteous and polite in the forums.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Proposed as answer by ZigZag3143x Friday, June 27, 2014 4:46 PM
    • Marked as answer by Karen Hu Monday, July 7, 2014 6:16 AM
    Friday, June 27, 2014 4:16 PM
  • Hi,

First run services.msc from run box in start menu. Then in the list check that Cryptographic Services are running. Also, to be safe, set it to automatic.

If the problem isn't solved, the problem actually may be caused by the latest Direct X "Web Installer" seemingly not working properly. Instead, please downloaded the full version of Direct X on to my PC.

DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

Then try to install it again.

If the issue still persists, please check the 'Answers' and 'Most helpful post' in this thread:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-windows_update/a-cabinet-file-necessary-for-installation-cannot/9b007762-f6be-4837-928d-59a98378e465

Kate Li
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, June 30, 2014 8:59 AM

All replies

• Impossible to respond to your post due to lack of definitive information.

When you experience a problem with your computer and you need help, forums and newsgroups can be excellent resources for finding that help. If you design your question effectively, you can get good information from people who are knowledgeable about the topic and who are happy to help you.

Note This article deals with concerns or problems that are related to Microsoft Windows operating systems and Microsoft products, but there is , you can apply this article generally to any forum or newsgroup discussion.

Important Before you take any troubleshooting steps, make sure that you back up all your important data.

Collect information relevant to your question

You want to design your question effectively. The question has to catch the attention of the best person for the answer, and it should be short and to the point so that you don't overwhelm the people reviewing your post.

Follow this checklist when you write your forum posting:
    • In the subject line, type a brief description of your problem or question. For example: "my screen is black" or "I cannot print to my XYZ printer." A subject line that says only "I need help" will not catch the attention of someone who may be familiar with your particular situation.
    • In the body of the posting, describe the problem or question. Include all necessary details but no unnecessary ones. A short description is easier to understand and will save the reviewer time.
    • If possible, include the steps to reproduce the problem, as in the following example:
      1. I turn on my laptop.
      2. I hear one long beep, then two short beeps.
      3. White text appears on a black screen, but Windows doesn’t start.
    • Include a basic description of your system, as relevant to the problem. For example, include the following:
      • The operating system version
      • The CPU or processor
      • The video card (also known as a graphics device, video adapter, or GPU)
      • The amount of system memory (RAM)
      • The hard disk size and model
      • The version of software or model of hardware that you’re using and that may be related to the problem
      • The version of virus scanner or malware scanner that you’re using
      It may be difficult to determine some of these specifications. The following are examples of free programs that you can use to find this information: 
      Speccy - System Information from Piriform
            (http://www.piriform.com/speccy/download/standard)    
      Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit
            (http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html)    
    • Include the following information:
      • Any software or hardware that you recently installed or removed
      • Any recent changes that were made to the system
      • The amount of time that that you have experienced the problem
      • The things that you have already tried to troubleshoot the problem, and the results.
    • Add a thank-you line. This may seem obvious, but it’s easy to overlook, and it’s important to be courteous and polite in the forums.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Proposed as answer by ZigZag3143x Friday, June 27, 2014 4:46 PM
    Friday, June 27, 2014 4:16 PM
  • Direct set up of what.???? You need to give us MUCH more information

To enable us to help you better, you need to provide as many details as you can about the problem you are experiencing.

If you design your question effectively, you can get good information from people who are knowledgeable about the topic and who are happy to help you.

Prepare your question. Think it through. Hasty-sounding questions get hasty answers, or none at all.

What troubleshooting have you done so far?
    Also please supply your, OS, Browser.
    Asking an effective question will get you help faster read how here
    Suggestions for asking for help on a site.
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Friday, June 27, 2014 4:44 PM
  • Hi,

First run services.msc from run box in start menu. Then in the list check that Cryptographic Services are running. Also, to be safe, set it to automatic.

If the problem isn't solved, the problem actually may be caused by the latest Direct X "Web Installer" seemingly not working properly. Instead, please downloaded the full version of Direct X on to my PC.

DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

Then try to install it again.

If the issue still persists, please check the 'Answers' and 'Most helpful post' in this thread:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-windows_update/a-cabinet-file-necessary-for-installation-cannot/9b007762-f6be-4837-928d-59a98378e465

Kate Li
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, June 30, 2014 8:59 AM