IAG File access error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All

I am configuring file access in iag. The iag is in the domain and is in dmz network. There is a firewall between iag machine and the domain controller. When i try to publish the file access its not showing me any server in the file access configuration window. But when i bypass the firewall that is there between the iag and the domain controller i am able to use file access properly. I have also allowed all the traffic in the firewall but still i am not able to publish the file access.

Any body has any idea related to this.

Cheers Bill
    Tuesday, March 23, 2010 6:34 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you verified that needed Windows services are running (Computer browser, Workstation and Server)?

These are disabled by default, I guess.

BR, TommiK

• Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, March 24, 2010 8:56 PM
    Wednesday, March 24, 2010 7:14 PM

All replies

• Hello Bill--

I think it is reasonable to say from your description above that having the firewall in the middle is causing the server list from not showing.  Bypassing the firewall, you can see the server list.   Opening the firewall rules in your firewall has no effect, but perhaps there is more rules you need to check.

Can you verify that the firewall isnt blocking Netbios traffic?

Can you see other servers with "My Network Places"?

Thanks

Dennis

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 7:22 PM
  • Hello Dennis

Thanks for the reply.

I did open all the ports in the isa firewall that is running on the iag traffic and in the the fire wall also i have opened all the traffic but still nothings happens.

No i cant see the servers in My Network places and its happening because computer browser is not happening properly. And i aware untill we are able to see the server in the "My Network Places" i wont be able to work with file access.

Need to see why this is happening?

Just one question though if i allow all the traffic than it will allow net bios traffic or not?

Cheers Bill
    Wednesday, March 24, 2010 4:28 AM
  • Hi,

Have you verified that needed Windows services are running (Computer browser, Workstation and Server)?

These are disabled by default, I guess.

BR, TommiK

• Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, March 24, 2010 8:56 PM
    Wednesday, March 24, 2010 7:14 PM