none
home page won't stay in ie9 win 7 RRS feed

• Question

• not an issue until i was updating adobe, which popped up and i said ok, as usual since that's never been a problem; until tonight another program jumped in but before I really noticed, i had already clicked to run it. it was from conduit.com, vgrabber something or other. well i uninstalled 3 issues of it, but now when i start ie, it goes to conduit.com's website and not my home page. i reset it in int options back to my normal home page, but when i go out or restart my computer itgoes back to conduit.com as a home page, i can't seem to get rid of it for good. any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance. again, this has never happened before, everything worked perfectly.
    Friday, April 19, 2013 9:06 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Start>Control Panel>Programs and features>sort by Install date... uninstall the optional extras that were installed at the same time your installed Adobe.

be careful when installing any software.... read the instructions carefully.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Saturday, April 20, 2013 3:40 AM
  • Hi,

Maybe there is  virus or  unwanted software on this computer, you may clean it up .

If the issue did not occur before, please try to use the system restore, return to the point which did not appear the problem.

I think you can check the add-ons. Open Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Manage add-ons,
    and then find the add-ons or software you downloaded before meeting the problem and disable them.

Thanks.
    Tuesday, April 23, 2013 3:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Start>Control Panel>Programs and features>sort by Install date... uninstall the optional extras that were installed at the same time your installed Adobe.

be careful when installing any software.... read the instructions carefully.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Saturday, April 20, 2013 3:40 AM
  • Hi,

Maybe there is  virus or  unwanted software on this computer, you may clean it up .

If the issue did not occur before, please try to use the system restore, return to the point which did not appear the problem.

I think you can check the add-ons. Open Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Manage add-ons,
    and then find the add-ons or software you downloaded before meeting the problem and disable them.

Thanks.
    Tuesday, April 23, 2013 3:25 AM