---James Bond 007 Nightfire DirectX Problem--- RRS feed

• Question

• Ok So i bought and installed 007 nightfire, when i click the shortcut on my desktop to open it it says Failed

to initialize direct3d please make sure you version 8.1 and that your video drivers are up to date. I ran dxdiag and under display it says that direct3d and the other 2 features are not available im using windows vista and the game worked fine before i upgraded to windows vista, but most other games don't work with vista either....

general specs:

256 MB Ram

intel pentinum 4, 1500mhz

Nvidia GeForce 2 MX 200

Please help Asap!

Monday, February 18, 2008 12:19 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Windows XP and Windows Vista are two different Operating Systems. Not all programs designed for Windows XP are compatible with Windows Vista. So please consult EA Games if the game could be run in Windows Vista.

Besides, a Windows Vista Capable PC includes at least 512 MB of system memory. A Windows Vista Premium Ready PC includes at least 1 GB of system memory and 128 MB of graphics memory.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Yog Li

Microsoft Online Community Support

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 2:54 AM
  • hey, j/w but did you ever solve the prob... like running in compatability mode.... or downgrading your os
    Thursday, March 20, 2008 2:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Windows XP and Windows Vista are two different Operating Systems. Not all programs designed for Windows XP are compatible with Windows Vista. So please consult EA Games if the game could be run in Windows Vista.

Besides, a Windows Vista Capable PC includes at least 512 MB of system memory. A Windows Vista Premium Ready PC includes at least 1 GB of system memory and 128 MB of graphics memory.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Yog Li

Microsoft Online Community Support

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 2:54 AM
  • no. aren't i stubborn? but thanks for the info, i will the consult the team over at Electronic arts

Thursday, February 21, 2008 12:55 AM
  • hey, j/w but did you ever solve the prob... like running in compatability mode.... or downgrading your os
    Thursday, March 20, 2008 2:11 PM
  • umm i did run in compatibility mode but it didn't work anyway so considering none of my games worked i was just like...SCREW IT! so i downgraded to windows xp and now all my games work. and i know what the problem with winodws vista was it wouldn't recognize my nVidia GeForce2 MX-200 graphics driver.
    Thursday, March 20, 2008 2:52 PM
  • Hi, i have a question too.
    I have nightfire installed on Windows Vista.
    But if i run the game, i see the loading screen, and then it stops running.
    I've bought a new Video Card ( nVidea GeForce 6 Series ) and installed DirectX 8.1 3D.
    But it's still not working.
    Can someone help me?

Thanks, Victor
    Sorry for my bad english, i'am dutch
    Tuesday, August 5, 2008 5:10 PM
  • Hi im having problems with a game i got used its James bond 007 night fire and when i open the shortcut it says that i need directX 8.1 where can i down load that also im using the game on a dell laptop using Windows XP.
    Sunday, March 30, 2014 4:55 AM