How can I add monitors to a Management Pack I created? RRS feed

• Question

• Several resources say to create a custom management pack in which to store custom authored items so they are not lost if a new version of an existing management pack is released.  I created a new Mangement Pack, switched to the Authoring view and tried to find my new Pack in the Scope wizard, but, it does not show up.  I tried looking without anything in the Management Pack (blank) and with some alerts defined (thinking maybe those were required).  How can I ensure that newly created monitors do go in this custom MP?
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 2:52 AM

Answers

• Hello Will,

Did you remember the name of the MP that you have created? You can find it from Administrators -> Management Packs. And you can find the monitor from Authroing -> Management Pack Objects -> Monitors.

When you want to add a new monitor in the MP, you just Create a Monitor and choose your MP from the list of Select Destination Management Pack.

Thanks,

Yog Li -- Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Yog Li Tuesday, August 30, 2011 11:22 AM
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 11:32 AM