Windows 7 Themes RRS feed

• Question

• Hello
    I would like to found themes to Windows 7 but I do not like to change system files to hack a OS. I would like to found themes with change more radical that the official themes. The only change they do are change the color of the bar or glases. And where I can found themes for Windows 7. It for the machine of my wife I upgrade from Vista to Widows 7.
    I am a Linux user for a log time, I do not remember how to do a lot of stuff in Windows. And I am acclimated to have a lot to customize my OS with not limit.
    Thanks!for all!!!
    Regards

El Rengo
    Saturday, December 5, 2009 9:09 PM

Answers

• Hi El Rengo,

To customize Windows 7 theme, you can download the themes provided by Microsoft official website (the link provided by Carey) directly. If you would like to customize the Windows 7's appearance yourself, please refer to the following websites:

5 ways to personalize your windows 7 pc

Customize a theme

Customize the Start menu

Making Windows 7 Your Own: Personalize and Themes

Also, if you would like to change other things such as changing the Windows 7's theme into Windows Vista theme or Mac theme, you may need to install third party software to achieve this. Please note that some of the software are not free of charge.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

Monday, December 7, 2009 8:39 AM

All replies

• For Windows 7 Users Only: New Windows 7 Themes
    Carey Frisch
    Saturday, December 5, 2009 9:46 PM
  • you could try WindowsBlinds from stardock... as far as i know the only way to do what you ask.
    • Proposed as answer by DrX69 Saturday, December 5, 2009 10:34 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Carey FrischMVP Saturday, December 5, 2009 11:08 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Brian Borg Sunday, December 6, 2009 12:02 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Carey FrischMVP Monday, December 7, 2009 9:53 PM
    Saturday, December 5, 2009 10:34 PM
  • Hi El Rengo,

To customize Windows 7 theme, you can download the themes provided by Microsoft official website (the link provided by Carey) directly. If you would like to customize the Windows 7's appearance yourself, please refer to the following websites:

5 ways to personalize your windows 7 pc

Customize a theme

Customize the Start menu

Making Windows 7 Your Own: Personalize and Themes

Also, if you would like to change other things such as changing the Windows 7's theme into Windows Vista theme or Mac theme, you may need to install third party software to achieve this. Please note that some of the software are not free of charge.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

Monday, December 7, 2009 8:39 AM