Imagex got error 2 "The systme can't find the file specified" RRS feed

• Question

• recently i want to use imagex to caputre a image ,but i got the following error

##############################

x:\tools\imagex.exe /capture d: c:\test.wim "win7" /verify

files/folders excluded from image capture by default:

\\\\\\\some files\\\\\

[1%] Capturing (with verification) process

[error] d:\program files\DVD Maker\Shared\DvdStyles\Sports\SportsMainBackground_PAL.wmv (error = 2)

error imaging driver [d:\]

The system can not find the file specified.

I double cofirmed that the file exist..why?

My environment is:

win7 VM installed on VMWare with two 40GB VHDS, OS installed on disk that has more than 30GB free space ,and another disk is complete free.

VM has 1GB RAM

Thanks for your help in advance

Jacky_Deng
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 5:54 AM

Answers

• For this issue ,i resolved it by myself .it because i select the wrong disk that not have enough space .

Another question , after i deploy the captured image to a bare-metal machine , power on the systme ,it said öperatiing system not found" i guess that it due to i don't have the 100MB system reserved volume .so how can i deploy this system reserved volume to the bare-metal machine

thanks

Jacky_Deng
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Thursday, October 14, 2010 7:12 AM
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 8:43 AM

All replies

• For this issue ,i resolved it by myself .it because i select the wrong disk that not have enough space .

Another question , after i deploy the captured image to a bare-metal machine , power on the systme ,it said öperatiing system not found" i guess that it due to i don't have the 100MB system reserved volume .so how can i deploy this system reserved volume to the bare-metal machine

thanks

Jacky_Deng
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Thursday, October 14, 2010 7:12 AM
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 8:43 AM
  • Thanks Jacky!!!!  

That was my issue (out of space).

Monday, September 16, 2013 4:54 PM