App-V sequencer preferences RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

When working with the App-V sequencer, is it best to use it in a non GPO controlled environment (i.e. Dev environment) or should this be in a GPO controlled environment when creating packages?

This may be a dumb question but some things I have seen recently prompted me to ask this.

Thanks,

Robert

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 3:07 PM

Answers

• It's always a best practise to sequence in a machine that looks same like that of a production machine (same installed apps, updates,UAC etc..). In that way issues can be avoided in future.

(Please click on Vote as Helpful and/or Mark as Answer, if it has helped you.)

Want to add MVP behind my name

app2pack.blogspot.com: app2pack.blogspot.com

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 5:21 PM
  • I use a machine that looks exactly the same as a production machine, including GPO and Domain.  I've found that if you don't, you are adding another layer of things you will need to troubleshoot if something goes wrong since they aren't like-for-like.
    Wednesday, January 20, 2016 5:30 PM

All replies

• It depends on what those GPOs are doing.

I'm using a Non-Domain-Joined Computer, that has all Applications and the same Windows Updates installed, as the productive Clients.

Simon Dettling | msitproblog.com | @SimonDettling

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 3:12 PM
  • It's always a best practise to sequence in a machine that looks same like that of a production machine (same installed apps, updates,UAC etc..). In that way issues can be avoided in future.

(Please click on Vote as Helpful and/or Mark as Answer, if it has helped you.)

Want to add MVP behind my name

app2pack.blogspot.com: app2pack.blogspot.com

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 5:21 PM
  • I use a machine that looks exactly the same as a production machine, including GPO and Domain.  I've found that if you don't, you are adding another layer of things you will need to troubleshoot if something goes wrong since they aren't like-for-like.
    Wednesday, January 20, 2016 5:30 PM
  • Hi Vigneshwaran and Cody,

That was my thoughts as well.

Thank you,

Robert

Thursday, January 21, 2016 7:27 PM