none
ADAMSync Aging Error - Unable to push back result

Question

• I'm working with Adamsync right now and have no issues syncing between AD DS and AD LDS, but when I enable aging, it always randomly returns an error on a specific object.  The object is never the same between runs and always looks something like this:

Beginning aging run.

Processing target entry <guid=e068b5190d63bb438ee77236643299d9>
    20161128223656.0Z was when we last saw CN=Test\0ACNF:19b568e0-630d-43bb-8ee7-7236643299d9,

Renaming target object (implicit) CN=Test\0ACNF:19b568e0-630d-43bb-8ee7-7236643299d9
    (I stripped out the full DN name)

Conflicting object detected. Requesting rename.

An internal error occurred: unable to push back result.

An internal error occurred: unable to push back result.

Saving Configuration File on

I can delete the conflicting object manually, but the next run it will just run into the same error and the command stops.  I couldn't find additional information regarding the error "unable to push back result."  I'm relatively new to AD LDS, so if someone knows of a quick fix, please let me know!

Jake

Thursday, January 12, 2017 1:34 PM

All replies

• Hi Jake,
    Please check if the same problematic user object is returned in the conflict error, and where did you delete the object: source computer or the ADAM?
    “When you delete an Active Directory directory service leaf object on the source computer and then perform an aging check, the object is deleted from the destination computer. During this process, a query is run to retrieve all the child objects that belong to the leaf object. If there are no child objects, the depth of the leaf object is calculated incorrectly. Any objects that are present in the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) frame are incorrectly identified as the child objects of the deleted object. (The LDAP frame is returned by an LDAP query that is performed during the aging check.) These objects are then renamed by using GUIDs and moved to the Lost and Found container.
    To work around this problem, manually delete objects from ADAM that are no longer required.”
    Please check the following KB: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/927053
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, January 13, 2017 7:13 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, January 16, 2017 8:52 AM