none
Project 2013 critical path status bars RRS feed

• Question

• I just started to use Project 2013.  How do I get the status bar to show up in the critical path bars?  IT shows in the other bars, but not in the critical path bars.

Thank you.

Friday, April 12, 2013 12:30 PM

Answers

• Hi,

May be, in your Bar Styles dialog, the Progress symbol is drawn on a row above the red critical symbol, so it is covered by the critical symbol. Change the respective rows is the Bar Styles dialog.

Hope this helps

Gérard Ducouret [Project MVP], Certifié Project 70632, Certifié ITIL

Friday, April 12, 2013 3:17 PM

All replies

• Hi Cadalito,

Do you mean progress lines - the blue bars that correspond to % complete? 

Julie

Friday, April 12, 2013 1:21 PM
  • Yes, the progress bar inside the activity bar.  The status bar shows up on all other of the activities, except the red ones on the critical path.  Can you get a status bar inside the critical path>
    Friday, April 12, 2013 1:23 PM
  • It should be there by default.  Check the Bar Styles window.  The Progress bar should be towards the bottom of the list - after the critical task bar definition. It should say show for "Normal" tasks.  What does your bar definition say?

Have you customized the bar styles?
    Friday, April 12, 2013 1:47 PM
  • It says Normal,Noncritical:  Should I re-write it to say normal, critical?

I do not have customized bar styles, I am quite the novice.

Friday, April 12, 2013 2:00 PM
  • You should just be able to remove the "Noncritical" and leave it at normal.
    Friday, April 12, 2013 2:01 PM
  • Tried that but the progress bar does not show up inside the critical path bar, only if it is 100% then it falls off the cp and shows progress.  BTW thanks for your help/
    Friday, April 12, 2013 3:06 PM
  • Hi,

May be, in your Bar Styles dialog, the Progress symbol is drawn on a row above the red critical symbol, so it is covered by the critical symbol. Change the respective rows is the Bar Styles dialog.

Hope this helps

Gérard Ducouret [Project MVP], Certifié Project 70632, Certifié ITIL

Friday, April 12, 2013 3:17 PM
  • Great catch Gérard.  Try cutting and pasting the progress bar style so it is the last row in the Bar Styles dialog.
    Friday, April 12, 2013 4:29 PM
  • That did it, thank you
    Friday, April 12, 2013 5:02 PM
  • You're welcome and thanks for the feedback.
    Friday, April 12, 2013 5:47 PM