none
Distribution list without members RRS feed

Answers

• If the group has no members and you send a message to it, the message will simply disappear.

Twitter!: Please Note: My Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

Sunday, April 6, 2014 1:58 AM

All replies

• If the group has no members and you send a message to it, the message will simply disappear.

Twitter!: Please Note: My Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

Sunday, April 6, 2014 1:58 AM
  • I keep a few of those "Black Hole" DL's and populate them with the e-mail addresses our developers make up on their own to "test" if e-mail is working.

Unix admins also seem to delight in creating shell scripts that send e-mail using a sender's address that uses their machines domain name (e.g. root@server.domain.local), and the machine isn't running a SMTP daemon, so NDRs and DSNs (and, in some cases, replies from recipients) just sit in Exchange's transport delivery queues and set off SCOM alerts about queue lengths. :-(

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Monday, April 7, 2014 3:14 PM
  • where that message will go . Can you please describe in detail

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 6:35 AM
  • It doesn't "go" anywhere. The message is delivered according to the contents of the "member" property of the group. The message will be delivered to every member of the group. Since the group is empty the message won't be delivered to anything (which is exactly the contents of the "member" property).

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 8:36 PM