strange issue with windows 10 stopping me opening default program selection ? RRS feed

• Question

• ok we all know windows in general allows you to pick a application to open a file but it crashes on me does not let me pick anything aka here is a example of what i mean 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/03wrd5c9bm...40-37.mp4?dl=0

and i have tryied all sorts making sure drivers are up to date and making sure win 10 is up to date but still all the time have this issue does anyone know how to fix this please ? 

thanks elfenliedtopfan5
    Sunday, July 26, 2015 9:57 PM

All replies

• Please run a system file check (SFC) & DISM (if necessary) if you are on win 8 or higher

All instructions are in our Wiki article below...
    Should you have any questions please ask us.

I suspect they are not supposed to be CSV files as well.

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Sunday, July 26, 2015 10:48 PM
  • thank you did not think of that tho must say sfc i did do but did not work tho the dism did not think of i will give it a go thank you for your comment :) 

elfenliedtopfan5

Monday, July 27, 2015 2:15 AM
  • thank you did not think of that tho must say sfc i did do but did not work tho the dism did not think of i will give it a go thank you for your comment :) 

elfenliedtopfan5

What's the result of running DISM command?

Did this issue only occur for this type for files? Have you tried to open with other type of files?

If SFC /scannow and Dism commands didn't resolve your issue, please consider refresh/reset your Windows:

Settings -> Update & security-> Recovery -> Advanced Startup

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 9:04 AM
  • if i do this will it make me loose all my files ( due to the fact i do a lot of stuff and got a lot of stuff on my pc currently that i really don't want to loose  

but doing this sfc scanow and dism commands did not fix the issues 

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 8:30 PM