Give user's permissions to globally published app in app-v 5 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear MS,
    I've published office 2013 app-v 5 package global successfully.
    All Users and Administrators can use the Office 2013 Package.

We are now planning to give some permissions to some couple of users (ie. some users will not use MS Access).
    How can I implement this in the App-V 5 organisation?

For small apps like Adobe Reader, it works great! I can manage the user permission in the AD User and Computer snap in.
    But for global published apps, like Office, we can't manage the permissions in the AD Users and Computers nor App V server.

How can I implement the permission for globally published apps?

Kind regards

Thursday, August 21, 2014 2:37 PM

Answers

• In general the approach you have to take is to make use of the UserConfig XML to change configuration of a package to a different user.  You can then tie the different XML to a user AD group.
    In the case of Office, I haven't this myself but you would locate access in the applications of the XML, and say Enabled=False

I don't believe you can restrict usage to a global package natively any other way. 

Thursday, August 21, 2014 3:08 PM
  • I would suggest use a 3th party tool like AppSense Application manager, to block the exe. Or use a GPO to restrict acces to the exe. If a package is published global, you can always start the applciation.

Friday, August 22, 2014 9:34 AM

All replies

• In general the approach you have to take is to make use of the UserConfig XML to change configuration of a package to a different user.  You can then tie the different XML to a user AD group.
    In the case of Office, I haven't this myself but you would locate access in the applications of the XML, and say Enabled=False

I don't believe you can restrict usage to a global package natively any other way. 

Thursday, August 21, 2014 3:08 PM
  • I would suggest use a 3th party tool like AppSense Application manager, to block the exe. Or use a GPO to restrict acces to the exe. If a package is published global, you can always start the applciation.

Friday, August 22, 2014 9:34 AM