Windows Updates trying to install KB3061064 for S4B 2015 on S4B 2019! RRS feed

• Question

• Is anyone else having issues with Windows Updates trying to install KB3061064 - Update Rollup for Skype for Business Server 2015 on servers running Skype for Business Server 2019?

Our servers are running Windows Server 2019 and Skype for Business Server 2019, and have never had 2015 installed on them, yet insist on trying to install the update.

Currently blocking it with wushowhide.diagcab

Thursday, June 13, 2019 7:40 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi DJL,

The update for SFB server 2015 is only for 2015. For 2019 is Hotfix1 released: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4470124/updates-for-skype-for-business-server-2019

There is a big difference how both products works.

Greetings,

Erdem

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

• Proposed as answer by Er-D Thursday, June 13, 2019 9:08 AM
    • Edited by Er-D Wednesday, July 10, 2019 12:10 PM
    Thursday, June 13, 2019 8:59 AM
  • Hi DJL,

Did it happen with WSUS?

I found a related case about this KB reported with WSUS by mistake.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/b7519327-e89a-48e3-8b14-163c47b268db/wsus-reports-kb3061064-for-all-computers?forum=winserverwsus

I think you could decline it safely.

In addition, in my understanding, such update for Skype for Business server will not be auto-installed by Microsoft Update, they should be installed manually.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Shaw_Lu Tuesday, June 18, 2019 7:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by DJL Friday, June 28, 2019 2:31 PM
    Friday, June 14, 2019 3:21 AM
  • Hi,

Do you have any further issue on this topic?

Meanwhile, if there is no issue, please remember to mark helpful reply as answer to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, June 20, 2019 7:43 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update on this case?

Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Friday, June 28, 2019 5:56 AM
  • Thanks Shaw Lu, and apologies for the delay.

We have declined the update in WSUS, which has solved the problem.  We've also manually ensured any S4B 2015 servers have the update installed

Friday, June 28, 2019 2:31 PM