none
when I create a plan as a template - it has a start date RRS feed

• Question

• Can you create a template without a start date.

In PWA when someone creates a project they choose a Enterprise Project Type which are configured to pull through a template.

They do; but all the templates have a start date; which, whilst easily changed, feels a little ugly. I'd like the templates to have no dates in them at all. The person who has created the project will determine the start date but they may not go into the schedule for a while; so I'd like it to remain blank.

Anyone know how to do this.

It will be especially useful for plans serving as cost estimates as they may never get scheduled.

Andrew

Trying to stop the swap to Salesforce - but the errors keep a coming

Thursday, May 23, 2013 8:57 AM

Answers

• Andrew --

No, what you want to do cannot be done.  Every project must have a Start date.  Even a project template has an initial Start date set.  It is up to the PM to set the correct Start date for the project when creating a new project from the template.  Setting the project Start date, by the way, is one of 6 six steps I teach all of my students to do to properly define a new project.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, May 23, 2013 11:05 AM

All replies

• Andrew --

No, what you want to do cannot be done.  Every project must have a Start date.  Even a project template has an initial Start date set.  It is up to the PM to set the correct Start date for the project when creating a new project from the template.  Setting the project Start date, by the way, is one of 6 six steps I teach all of my students to do to properly define a new project.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, May 23, 2013 11:05 AM
  • Thanks for the quick reply; much appreciated. I can stop trying to delete the start date now and move on to other things.

Trying to stop the swap to Salesforce - but the errors keep a coming

Thursday, May 23, 2013 2:15 PM
  • Andrew --

You are more than welcome for the help, my friend!  :)

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, May 24, 2013 8:15 PM