none
homegroup RRS feed

Answers

• Hi
    I am having the same problem, I had succesfully created a home group but then none of the 3 laptops on Home 64 would recognise one another, so I removed the homegroup and tried to set up a new one. At this point I got an error message "Windows cannot set up a homegroup on this computer." I have run the trouble shooter on all three laptops no solution found, I have turned off Bullguard spam, virus and firewall all to no avail. I have contacted Bullguard support and they (after making me carry out some tests) do not think that Bullguard is the problem. Any ideas?
    Hi,

Try delete the folder windows\serviceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking, reboot and test again.

Friday, November 6, 2009 2:43 AM

All replies

• what's the error msg?
    Monday, November 2, 2009 1:47 AM
  • Hi,

First check if the network location is set to Home. Then please go to HomeGroup to see if there is any HomeGroup is created on the network. If so, we will get a Join option. Please get the password of the HomeGroup.

If there is no HomeGroup created yet, you will get the message to create a new HomeGroup.

Meanwhile, try HomeGroup Troubleshooter.

If any error occurs, please write it here or capture a screenshot.

Monday, November 2, 2009 6:39 AM
  • Hi,

First check if the network location is set to Home. Then please go to HomeGroup to see if there is any HomeGroup is created on the network. If so, we will get a Join option. Please get the password of the HomeGroup.

If there is no HomeGroup created yet, you will get the message to create a new HomeGroup.

Meanwhile, try HomeGroup Troubleshooter.

If any error occurs, please write it here or capture a screenshot.

Hi
    I am having the same problem, I had succesfully created a home group but then none of the 3 laptops on Home 64 would recognise one another, so I removed the homegroup and tried to set up a new one. At this point I got an error message "Windows cannot set up a homegroup on this computer." I have run the trouble shooter on all three laptops no solution found, I have turned off Bullguard spam, virus and firewall all to no avail. I have contacted Bullguard support and they (after making me carry out some tests) do not think that Bullguard is the problem. Any ideas?
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 2:33 PM
  • Hi
    Hi,

Try delete the folder windows\serviceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking, reboot and test again.

Friday, November 6, 2009 2:43 AM