Upgraded to Vista...Sound is gone RRS feed

• Question

• I just upgraded to Vista from XP Pro.....everything went OK except my sound is gone, after the upgrade completed the speaker icon n the system tray has a red X and the message "no audio inut device installed" so i loaded my motherboard (Intel 965WH) driver cd and reinstalled to sound drive........drive installed....restarted system but i still have the red X in the system tray icon......but when i go to the device manager it show the sound installed and working....i even had vista do an online search and go a message that the driver is up to date.....please help me get my sound

Saturday, October 20, 2007 12:14 AM

Answers

•  

Hi Rralph,

Thank you for your post.

The issue is probably caused by incompatible sound card driver.

Have you tried to download the latest driver from the Intel website? If not, please have a try:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx?iid=homepage+hdr_nav2_download

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

You can also try to download updates through Control Panel->Windows Update. It may provide you with a compatible sound card driver.

If there is still no sound, please send the System Information to me for further research. 

The System Information can provide us with more information about the current status of the system.

How to collect the System Information:

=============================

1. Click Start, type in "MSINFO32" and press Enter to start System Information.

2. On the popup window, on the menu bar, click File, and click Save to save it as an NFO file, such as system.nfo.

Please send it as a mail attachment to v-30timq@mssupport.microsoft.com

I have created a FTP site, and you can upload the files to me from the following the following site:

https://sftus.one.microsoft.com/ChooseTransfer.aspx?key=32511f7e-59c5-4d3c-b19f-14809539e305

Password: rmKZCZuP_H

Hope it helps.

Beast regards,

Tim Quan

Microsoft Vista Forum Support Professional

Thursday, November 1, 2007 1:20 AM

All replies

•  

Hi Rralph,

Thank you for your post.

The issue is probably caused by incompatible sound card driver.

Have you tried to download the latest driver from the Intel website? If not, please have a try:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx?iid=homepage+hdr_nav2_download

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

You can also try to download updates through Control Panel->Windows Update. It may provide you with a compatible sound card driver.

If there is still no sound, please send the System Information to me for further research. 

The System Information can provide us with more information about the current status of the system.

How to collect the System Information:

=============================

1. Click Start, type in "MSINFO32" and press Enter to start System Information.

2. On the popup window, on the menu bar, click File, and click Save to save it as an NFO file, such as system.nfo.

Please send it as a mail attachment to v-30timq@mssupport.microsoft.com

I have created a FTP site, and you can upload the files to me from the following the following site:

https://sftus.one.microsoft.com/ChooseTransfer.aspx?key=32511f7e-59c5-4d3c-b19f-14809539e305

Password: rmKZCZuP_H

Hope it helps.

Beast regards,

Tim Quan

Microsoft Vista Forum Support Professional

Thursday, November 1, 2007 1:20 AM
  •  

Hey Tim ---

Have brand new PC wit Vista and no sound ....  I have used MSFT tech support but obvious woman in India did not know how to help - still have same issue.  Sound on after reinstall sound card drivers but goes away when PC goes into hibernation mode.  DELL says its MSFT and MSFT says its DELL for the love of your god of choice-- Can you help me resolve my issue ? 

Sunday, May 18, 2008 4:06 PM