Forefront pop up balloon RRS feed

• Question

• I just pushed out Forerfont Client Security to all of my machine and people seem to be calling because they are getting a pop up balloon "Microsoft Forefront Security warning" is there a way to turn off the balloon that notifies users there may be harmful software on their PC?

Brad
    • Edited by Bradleydg Friday, June 6, 2008 4:17 PM spell
    Friday, June 6, 2008 4:15 PM

All replies

• You should probably investigate to why the popup is there.. is this some tool that you have on all/most of your systems that is classified as PUS (Potentially Unwanted Software) that you may need to set an override on in policy? Is it an update to the client etc?  Most of the time when these popup across the environment it is something you need to get more details on to fix.  There is not a way currently to hide the actual icon from the end user.
    CSS Security Support Engineer (FCS/MBSA/WUA/Incident Response)
    Friday, June 6, 2008 6:35 PM
  • I forgot to add this, The pop up is from VNC and I put an overide and deployed the policy???
    Friday, June 6, 2008 6:38 PM
  • Try running gpupdate /force on a client and then possibly exiting the FCS gui on the desktop and restarting it.  I'm not sure exactly when/how it will take effect so that it stops reporting on it. 
    CSS Security Support Engineer (FCS/MBSA/WUA/Incident Response)
    Friday, June 6, 2008 9:08 PM