Drill Down + linking RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi I am a newbie to PPS.

I am using SQL Server Table as a Datasource. Since I dont want to manually create too many KPIs, i am using dimension to create drill down (2 level hierarchy)..everything is fine till here.

Now i wish to link the scorecard to SSRS report and pass the parent and child name in the hierarchy as aparameter to the report. Can i do this? if so, how?

Please help!

Thanks,

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 1:01 AM

Answers

All replies

• You can pass the row or column member currently selected via the "Member Row: Display Value" scorecard available field list and passing that to the SSRS report. When you clicked on the parent name, it would pass the parent name to the SSRS report, when you clicked on the child name in the scorecard it would pass the child name.  Here are a couple of posts that should help:

http://blogs.msdn.com/performancepoint/archive/2007/12/21/passing-context-from-scorecards-to-other-report-views.aspx

http://blogs.msdn.com/performancepoint/archive/2007/07/20/how-do-i-integrate-ssrs-reports-with-dashboard-filters.aspx

This one shows how to connect a filter to the SSRS report, which isn't what you are trying to do I realize, but it does have some good pointers about how to set the parameter up in SSRS.  You will just connect the Member Row: Display Value to the SSRS report parameter rather than the filter.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Alyson

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 2:01 PM
  • Thanks Alyson for the response .

Using the available filters i can get either the parent or the child value , but not both. Am I correct?

is it possible to get both the values and to restrict the link to be on the child only.

Or , can i some how use the key from SQL table datasource as liink between the scorecard and report , without actually displaying the key on the scorecard (may be hidden)

Thanks.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 6:50 PM
  • You only get one member per selection of the member. You could click on parent and pass that value then click on child and pass that, but it would mandate that every time you made a change you would have to click on parent first then child - which would be impossible to impose on your users.

I don't know of a way to make use of a key in this setting, we only offer passing the Member Row: Display Value or Member Row: Unique name.

Sorry.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 6:58 PM
  • That's a disappointment. Thanks for you help Alyson

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 7:33 PM