none
Error in DPM alert configuration RRS feed

• Question

• I have configured the alert & notification with office 365 email account .But it's giving error 2013 authentication error

I have checked both 587 & 25 port is open to smtp.office365.com & credentials are working fine in the mail.

Regards, Durgairaja

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 8:48 AM

Answers

• First install SMTP Server feature with the option Include management tools on your DPM server. After installation change the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) service startup type to Automatic.

You manage SMTP Service with Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0 Manager. Add your domain under your server name, SMTP virtual Server and Domains. 

Next open the properties of SMTP Virtual Server. Go to Access tab and under Connections limit the access by selecting Only the list below and apply the settings. This will allow SMTP access only from your local DPM server. Create a local user account on your DPM server, which you are going to use for Authentication. 

Open the DPM SMTP Server configuration and under SMTP Server name enter your local DPM server name. Enter any email address, for example dpmserver@yourdomain.com and enter the local user credentials under Authenticated SMTP server. Use COMPUTERNAME\user as the username. 

Keep in mind that emails could be delivered to your junk folder, so you will need to add that email to the allow list. 

I think that is all. Let me know if you have any questions. 

MCSE, MCSA, MS, MCP, MCTS, System Engineer

• Marked as answer by Durgai Raja Friday, August 11, 2017 2:07 PM
    Wednesday, July 26, 2017 7:40 AM

All replies

• Had the same problem. You can install SMTP Service on DPM and use it for sending notifications. Looks like currently DPM does not support using Office 365 accounts for notifications. 

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 8:59 AM
  • can you explain how to do it ??

Regards, Durgairaja

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 10:04 AM
  • Which Windows Server version are you using? 

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 12:29 PM
  • I'm using 2012 standard version

Regards, Durgairaja

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 6:17 AM
  • First install SMTP Server feature with the option Include management tools on your DPM server. After installation change the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) service startup type to Automatic.

You manage SMTP Service with Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0 Manager. Add your domain under your server name, SMTP virtual Server and Domains. 

Next open the properties of SMTP Virtual Server. Go to Access tab and under Connections limit the access by selecting Only the list below and apply the settings. This will allow SMTP access only from your local DPM server. Create a local user account on your DPM server, which you are going to use for Authentication. 

Open the DPM SMTP Server configuration and under SMTP Server name enter your local DPM server name. Enter any email address, for example dpmserver@yourdomain.com and enter the local user credentials under Authenticated SMTP server. Use COMPUTERNAME\user as the username. 

Keep in mind that emails could be delivered to your junk folder, so you will need to add that email to the allow list. 

I think that is all. Let me know if you have any questions. 

• Marked as answer by Durgai Raja Friday, August 11, 2017 2:07 PM
    Wednesday, July 26, 2017 7:40 AM