stsadm command to get inventory from subsites RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

We need to do the content migration from MOSS 2007 subsite to sharepoint 2010 site . Here we need to do the content migration only .

I would like to know how to get the inventory ( web parts,features,lists,libaries,pages etc..)from subsite .This subsites again having subsites . This i will execute in moss 2007 SP2 enviorment .

Please help me out . thank you

Subhash

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 4:59 PM

Answers

All replies

• There is no supported approach to export a site from 2007 SP2 and insert into 2010 without doing a Content database backup.

To do the above you would need to look at third party migration tools.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 5:02 PM
  • Hi Alex. Thanks for the reply. We are doing content migration by using metlogix tool. Before doing that we need to make inventory from the subsite.

So my query is : how to get inventory (webparts,lists,libraries,pages information etc.. ) from the given subsite .

Subhash

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 5:07 PM
  • There is no supported approach to export a site from 2007 SP2 and insert into 2010 without doing a Content database backup.

To do the above you would need to look at third party migration tools.

Hi Alex. Thanks for the reply. We are doing content migration by using metlogix tool. Before doing that we need to make inventory from the subsite.

So my query is : how to get inventory (webparts,lists,libraries,pages information etc.. ) from the given subsite .

Subhash

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 5:49 PM
  • It sounds like you're looking for the various Enum commands, for example: EnumSites http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262492(v=office.12).aspx

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 6:05 PM
  • It Displays a list of sites that are hosted in a Web application. But here i want to get inventory for the specific subsite only.

Subhash

Thursday, November 20, 2014 8:03 AM
  • Have you considered any of the other enum commands such as EnumSolutions or EnumFeatures

Alternatively you could look at this approach:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/9f5665a0-aeeb-40f1-9cd6-dcf8d972dcdf/enumerate-all-lists-using-stsadm?forum=sharepointadminlegacy

• Marked as answer by star.wars Sunday, December 7, 2014 6:31 AM
    Thursday, November 20, 2014 9:12 AM