none
Error 'New-SPProjectWebInstance : Service Application not found.' RRS feed

Answers

• For some reason the secound edition of the setup worked, it seam that something was wrong with the Service Pack installation.
    Monday, January 30, 2012 10:36 AM

All replies

• It works for me.  Did you start you Powershell with "Run as administrator"?  Did you add SharePoint Snappin? 

Did you start Powershell from the "SharePoint 2010 Management Shell"?

cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Sunday, January 15, 2012 12:07 PM
  • Thanks, Michael.

Yes, it' executed with local admin. priviledges, if you don't, it tells you that New-SPProjectWebInstance needs to be executed with local admin. priviledes. And yes: 'SharePoint 2010 Management Shell', right-click, run as admin - this is the way it was done.

What do you think?

Sunday, January 15, 2012 2:57 PM
  • Can you provide the exact powershell command you executed?
    Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Sunday, January 15, 2012 7:42 PM
  • Sure:

New-SPProjectWebInstance -Url "http://xxx" -AdminAccount "xxx\xxx" -PrimaryDbserver "APP08\SQL01" -ArchiveDbname "ProjectDB_Archive" -DraftDbname "ProjectDB_Draft" -PublishedDbname "ProjectDB_Published" -ReportingDbname "ProjectDB_Reporting" -ReportingDbserver "APP08\SQL01" -LCid 1031

Thank you for your help, Michael

Monday, January 16, 2012 12:18 PM
  • For some reason the secound edition of the setup worked, it seam that something was wrong with the Service Pack installation.
    Monday, January 30, 2012 10:36 AM
  • I'm having the same issue. What do you mean by "second edition of the setup?"
    Friday, February 3, 2012 7:30 PM
  • I'll just repeated the setup and toke care about Service Pack 1 - it worked. Because it was in an evaluation enviorement it was fine for me.
    Monday, February 6, 2012 11:26 AM