Microsoft Outlook 16.10 update not working with macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Since updating to the new Outlook 16.10 nothing works properly anymore.

i can no longer search for emails since updating it only shows the emails prior to updating.

it wont let me create notes or calendar entries.

this is seriously frustrating as i have to manually scroll back and find emails.

i tried installing the old version and deleted the new one again, but it said the database no longer works.

help please??

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 11:16 AM

All replies

• Hi Hannah,

>> i tried installing the old version and deleted the new one again, but it said the database no longer works.

How did you try to revert to the previous version? Normally, we may refer to the instructions in the article below to go back to an old version of Office 2016 for Mac:

How to go back to Office 2016 for Mac 15.xx versions from 16.xx

Regarding the search issue, recently there is a hot issue that "you must now press the Enter key to view search results in Outlook for Mac Version 16.10". Please check this item in this official page and see if it is the same case as your situation.

As per the notes and calendar entries issue, I did much research but haven't seen similar reports so far. If possible, could you please provide the detailed steps to reproduce the problem then we can do further test and research on this?

Any findings are appreciated.

Regards, 

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, March 8, 2018 5:32 AM
  • Hi Yuki,

Yes, in fact, i followed the exact page below to revert back to previous version.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/how-to-go-back-to-office-2016-for-mac-15-xx-versions-from-16-xx-e88ed6c8-6fb4-40a1-9540-529000d3d20f 

i have just ran an update for my macOS, the search seems to work now (didn't yesterday) - will report if this changes.

as for the calendar - not a single thing will show when i create a new entry.

I have tried then searching for a calendar entry and it seems to show in the list but the calendar is completely blank and no tasks are showing either.

Can we be expecting another update for Outlook anytime soon?

Thanks

Thursday, March 8, 2018 3:08 PM
  • also can i add that it's only now search current emails and historic emails prior to the update.

there is still all the emails in between that are still missing.

Thursday, March 8, 2018 3:10 PM
  • Hi Hannah,

Could you please collect the detailed build number of Outlook for Mac via Outlook > About Outlook then we can do further research on this?

Besides, I noticed that High Sierra 10.13.1 is not the latest version of Mac OS, how about upgrading to the new version of Mac OS to check the result?

I tried to test in my Outlook fro Mac 16.10(180210) on High Sierra 10.13.3, but didn't see the issue.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, March 9, 2018 8:44 AM