none
Applications.xml renamed by itself RRS feed

• Question

• Strange issue today. I've been using MDT and our deployment share for weeks (years actually) and seemingly randomly the applications.xml was renamed to applications.xml.old

I found this out when I went into LTI to setup a new PC (and I had done this 30 mins before and it was fine) and the applications screen was missing. I went back to the MDT console

and when I clicked on Applications it was empty. I looked in the distribution\control folder and found that applications.xml was 0KB and the one from earlier in the day was it's normal size.

I just renamed it and went back to business...very strange. There are no other admins using the server.

Any ideas?

MCTS 70-620 Certified

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 5:52 PM

All replies

• I've seen some files get corrupted if the Workbench was active and the machine was shutdown other than gracefully, but I've never seen them get renamed.  My only guess would maybe be a Linked Deployment Share with replace configured and for whatever reason, it backs it up and just failed to rename it?  I've never actually seen this (or tested it to see if it actually happens), it's just a random stab in the dark.

David Coulter | http://DCtheGeek.blogspot.com | @DCtheGeek

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 5:58 PM
    Answerer