none
Synchronization Engine Delete Resource Notification RRS feed

• Question

• I've got a FIM 2010 R2 environment where I have 'Person' MV Deletion rule is set to delete 'Person' resource in MV and FIM Service once a Connector from system 'A' is deleted as well.

The challenge I have is that when a FIM Service Export is initiated, it's initiated by the Synchronization Engine account; and I would like to send a notification for the deleted accounts.  Having a Notification set up in the Authorization stage would not be triggered since the delete is initiated by the Synchronization Engine.

How would you go about firing up a delete in such scenario?

Thank you.

Thursday, August 30, 2012 12:38 PM

All replies

• There are a couple of ways to attack this.

This is something I'd like to put into the portal, but as you mentioned, you're stuck because

• The AuthZ workflows won't execute when the delete comes in from Sync
    • An Action workflow can't reference the deleted user because it executes after the delete has been commited to FIM Service DB so we can't pull back any info

So...

I would fall back to doing this on the Sync Server and write a rules extension to send a notification before the deprovision.Delete is called.

Frank C. Drewes III - Architect - Oxford Computer Group

Thursday, August 30, 2012 4:12 PM
  • Thank you for the suggestion. You've mentioned that there is a couple of ways to attack this. One way is through a rule extension, what's the second option?
    Thursday, August 30, 2012 7:05 PM