none
Deny only Change Password Never Expires by delegation

Question

• Hello,

I need to create for a group teamit a delegation in OU.

This group teamit need full rights in this OU and OU Childs for all objects.

The only restrictions for this group teamit is :

- Add / Remove in security group in this OU only members of this OU.

- Deny for the members of this group teamit to change the option Password Never Expires

Do you think if it's possible ?

I try to add in security (Advanced menu) of the OU the group teamit, deny write useraccountcontrol but after it's not possible to create user account in the OU.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 8:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    As far as I know, there is no such built-in method to only deny permission for “Password Never Expires” option. "Password Never Expires" is controlled by UserAccountControl, if you deny permission to write userAccountControl, this will also affect several account settings.
    Here is a similar thread, you could refer to more details from it:
    Remove the ability to set password never expired for helpdesk group
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/115a0ec9-a380-4453-8c48-8a4848168613/remove-the-ability-to-set-password-never-expired-for-helpdesk-group?forum=winservergen
    Best regards, 
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, April 20, 2017 2:25 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue is going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.
    Best regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, May 5, 2017 12:28 PM