Outlook 2016 - Your meeting was found to be out of date and automatically updated. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I got an email notification from Outlook that my meeting was out of date and it automatically updated it to a new time. I don't know why this happened as I had the right time in my Outlook, but after it changed it messed up. I checked with several co-workers and it appears to be the wrong time on their calendars as well. I do have an iPhone updated to 11.2.6 that has my mailbox setup as well. Time to leave is disabled on my phone and I only viewed the meeting on my phone. I never made any changes to the meeting through my phone. 

Original Meeting - 3/19 2-3PM
    Updated Meeting - 3/2 2-3PM

• Edited by Freddy92 Friday, March 23, 2018 1:31 PM
    • Moved by Perry-Pan Monday, March 26, 2018 7:01 AM
    Friday, March 23, 2018 1:30 PM

All replies

• Hi Freddy,

What's your account type? Exchange, POP or IMAP?

Does this issue only happen to this specific meeting?

Do you create this meeting on your phone or Outlook desktop client? Please close Outlook and make calendar items changes from the web mail and then check whether the issue happens on the web mail.

You can try opening Outlook in safe mode to see if the issue continues. Please exit Outlook, press Win key + R to open the Run command, type outlook.exe /safe and then press Enter. This helps eliminate whether the problem lies on any third party add-ins.

If issue persists, please try logging on your account on another device to see whether same issue occurs.

Besides, if you mean the issue with Outlook app on your iPhone, I’d like to recommend you to post this thread to this forum to get a better response. Because here we mainly focus on issues regarding Outlook desktop client, I’m not familiar with Outlook app on mobile device.

Thank you for your understanding and support. If there are any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Monday, March 26, 2018 9:33 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Tuesday, March 27, 2018 8:20 AM
    Monday, March 26, 2018 6:58 AM
  • Hi Freddy,

Are there any updates with this issue?

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 7:03 AM
  • Hello Perry,

This issue only happened with one meeting. The meeting was created in Outlook 2016 and the meeting seemed fine at first. Eventually the meeting date&time was changed on its own. 

Best regards,

Freddy

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 3:39 PM
  • Hi Freddy,

Thank you for your update.

If you recreate a new meeting at that time, will the same issue occur?

Have you tried changing the meeting on OWA? Will the same issue occur?

Please check the time zone information to see whether it is consistent with your computer time.

In case there was something wrong with your profile, please test this issue in a new profile to see the result.

According to my research, if you use iPhone with iOS 8.x or iOS 7.x, multiple repair update messages indicating the Calendar Repair Assistant (CRA) has updated their meetings. Please refer to the details in this article.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Thursday, March 29, 2018 1:44 AM
  • It's frustrating to see that over 2500 people liked this reply without realizing it has no useful info. If we could remove all the responses on the net that say "idk but try ..." we would then have cleared 95% of the useless responses that waste our time and get our hopes up.

I have the same problem with OL and it has NOTHING to do with this which app your on or how you sent the meeting. It has to do with OL's drag and drop being super sensitive (wish that could be turned off!), and even if you say "no, don't save" OL sends updates to all the participants and then sends you a notice that it found a meeting out of date and sent the update to all participants. If you're lucky it was an internal meeting that you won't get fired over, but it still makes you look bad. Trying to explain just makes you look worse. The only fix is to dun OL to ad a tick box to let us remove the drag and drop, cuz if you sneeze on your mouse it's liable to move a meeting. 

Thursday, August 23, 2018 9:50 PM