Skype for Business 2015 client (Lync 2013 Standard) e-mail notifications are not working RRS feed

• Question

• We're using Skype for Business Server 2015, v6.0.9319 and a mix of Skype for Business 2015 and 2016 clients.

The vast majority are using the Skype for Business 2015, formely Lync 2013 15.5049.1000 Standard not Professional cients. Save call logs in my email Conversation History folder is enabled. The entire history of IMs, outgoing and received calls is visible in Outlook. Missed calls are not and are also not visible on the clients Conversation tab.

All these clients do not receive e-mails, that is if they don't have the UM enabled, which we don't want to utilize just for this feature alone (we had it enabled on our Exchange 2010 server, but are moving to 2016 and UM is not even installed there).

Users using Skype for Business 2016 clients do receive notifications. I'm testing this on clients that have been moved to Exchange 2016, but we had the same issue on 2010.

Since the server and clients are pretty much fully patched, this won't apply: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3136400/no-missed-call-notification-generated-in-lync-2013-skype-for-business?sd=rss&spid=924, additionally Conversation History folder is enabled, it's just the missed calls that are missing.

Please assist us.

Monday, August 27, 2018 1:27 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

Based on your description, you used the SFB 2015 client , you cannot see Missed calls in converation history of Outlook or in converations in skype for business 2015 client?

If you can see the missed calls in convertaions of SFB 2015 client, you cannot get the E-mail notifications in outlook, you could open a thread in Outlook or exchange forum, because SFB client function is normal, but these converstaion history will stored in exchange, and the Outlook will get these conversation history from exchange.

You can opened the configuration information in SFB client. Check the EWS and MAPI status.

If the missed call cannot be seen in SFB 2015 basic client, you can install the SFB 2016 basic client (16.0.4417.1000) .

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49440

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 6:43 AM
  • Leon Lu, thank you for the quick reply.

That's the thing I can't see the missed calls in conversations on the SFB 201x Basic Client. I uninstalled the 2015 client and installed the 2016 version, but I have the exact same experience.

From the testing I performed so far it's quite apparant that the Basic version (for some unknown reason) doesn't support missed call notifications.  If these same users that I'm testing with log into machines where the Full client is installed, everything works.

Looking at the documentation it doesn't state anywhere that this feature isn't supported (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/plan-your-deployment/clients-and-devices/desktop-feature-comparison) and as such I expect it to work:

Basic client limitations

The features below are available using the Full client and are not available with the Basic client:

• Manage team call settings
    • Manage delegates
    • Make calls on behalf of another contact (manager/delegate scenario)
    • Handle another's calls if configured as a delegate
    • Manage a high volume of calls
    • Initiate a call to a Response Group
    • Call park
    • Change greeting
    • Group call pickup

The EWS and MAPI status are OK:

Could you please advise how to proceed, can you perhaps test the behaviour with a Basic client in your environment?

• Edited by CypherMike Tuesday, August 28, 2018 9:35 AM typo
    Tuesday, August 28, 2018 9:34 AM
  • @Leon-Lu (or anyone else) can you please help me out with this issue.
    Monday, September 10, 2018 5:02 PM
  • Can any one provide any answers to this. It's very easy to test:

- login with the basic client, receive a call, don't answer...no e-mail,

- login with the full client (using the same user), receive a call, don't answer...an e-mail is received

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 4:46 AM
  • Do you see the option "Save Call logs in my email conversation history folder" ?

This option is available at Skype for Business basic client : Options > Personal

Neeranjan Shettar (MyPage)

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 10:55 AM
  • Yes, as stated previously:

"The vast majority are using the Skype for Business 2015, formely Lync 2013 15.5049.1000 Standard not Professional cients. Save call logs in my email Conversation History folder is enabled. The entire history of IMs, outgoing and received calls is visible in Outlook. Missed calls are not and are also not visible on the clients Conversation tab."

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 11:18 AM
  • Well, in this case the feature should work in basic clients as well... 

I will leave this topic open to hear from other experts ...

Neeranjan Shettar (MyPage)

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 11:31 AM