Cannot drag and drop emails in calendar RRS feed

• Question

• We are running Office 365 Pro Plus with Windows 10 and we have one user is no longer able to drag outlook calendar entries to another time slot or day.  She also can’t change the duration of meetings or appointments by dragging the handles either.

When she tries, the cursor becomes the “no” circle with a line. She is able to drag them in the Web Outlook, but not the Outlook app.
    • Moved by Perry-Pan Friday, November 8, 2019 2:38 AM
    Thursday, November 7, 2019 7:15 PM

Answers

• For Office 365, we could use Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant (SaRA) to run tests to resolve many different problemsIt can gather the Outlook profile configuration information that's helpful when you troubleshoot problems. For more details, please refer to this link.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by stratmajik62 Wednesday, November 13, 2019 1:24 PM
    Wednesday, November 13, 2019 8:39 AM

All replies

• >>we have one user is no longer able to drag outlook calendar entries to another time slot or day. 

Does it happen to all calendar entries or specific one?

What's your account type? Exchange, POP or IMAP?

Please install available updates for Office to see if it helps.

According to my research, issue could also occur if local data file was corrupted. Follow the instruction to repair local data file.

>>She also can’t change the duration of meetings or appointments by dragging the handles either.

Would you mind providing a screenshot here? How she drags the handles?

Besides, try switching to another view to test the results:

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 8, 2019 2:38 AM
  • It has happened to every calendar that the use has tried.

It is an Exchange account.

Office is up to date on updates.

Repair of .pst file did not work.

In the screenshot below I have used arrows to indicate the ‘handles’ that can be clicked and dragged to extend a meeting. This works on every calendar I have tried except the user that is having the issue.

Screenshot of problem user:

Friday, November 8, 2019 4:19 PM
  • I have also tried running outlook.exe/ resetfolders command, and also pressing the ESC button while holding down the left mouse button.

Also have tried an online repair of Office 365.

Friday, November 8, 2019 7:32 PM
  • Hi,

Actually, I didn't see the handles on my side (Office 365 Pro version 1911). But I can drag it to another day.

Considering your situation, we can also test it in a new profile.

If none of these helps, we can try opening Outlook in safe mode to see if the issue continues. Please exit Outlook, press Win key + R to open the Run command, type outlook /safe and then press Enter. This helps eliminate whether the problem lies on any third party add-ins.

Regards,

Perry

Monday, November 11, 2019 9:01 AM
  • Neither opening Outlook in safe mode or creating a new profile fixed the issue.
    Tuesday, November 12, 2019 2:43 PM
  • For Office 365, we could use Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant (SaRA) to run tests to resolve many different problemsIt can gather the Outlook profile configuration information that's helpful when you troubleshoot problems. For more details, please refer to this link.

Regards,

Perry

• Marked as answer by stratmajik62 Wednesday, November 13, 2019 1:24 PM
    Wednesday, November 13, 2019 8:39 AM
  • I finally got the issue resolved. Although I had already ran the SCANPST.EXE tool to repair the user's data file, I decided to rename her data file and re-open Outlook and let it build a new one. Once I did this, her calendar started working normally.

Thanks for all your suggestions. I appreciate it.

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 1:23 PM
  • Thanks for sharing the update here :)

Here I will provide a brief summary of this post for your information.

[Issue Symptiom]

====================

Cannot drag and drop emails in calendar

[Possible Reason]

====================

Local data file is corrupted

[Solution]

====================

Recreate local data file.

[Reference]

====================

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/repair-outlook-data-files-pst-and-ost-25663bc3-11ec-4412-86c4-60458afc5253

• Edited by Perry-Pan Thursday, November 14, 2019 5:28 AM
    Thursday, November 14, 2019 1:03 AM