none
how do i get the LYNC client to automaticly go to the pool RRS feed

• Question

• so I'm new to the LYNC world, I got everything set up and working so far. on my client I have to go to the gear then select personal the click manual config and set the internal and external names to ourpool in order to connect. is there a guide for making the auto config work?

Thursday, March 17, 2016 6:52 PM

Answers

• Hi

Sounds like you are missing some DNS records.

for internal DNS you need the following records

record type= cname, value=sip destination=lyncfrontendserver.domain.com

record type= cname, value=lyncdiscover destination=lyncfrontendserver.domain.com

record type= cname, value=lyncdiscoverinternal destination=lyncfrontendserver.domain.com

record type= srv, value=_sipinternaltls. protocol=_tcp port=5061 destination=sip.domain.com

for external

record type= A, value=sip destination=access edge IP

record type= A, value=lyncdiscover destination=reverse proxy IP

record type= srv, value=_sip. protocol=_tls port= 443 destination=sip.domain.com

You also need to make sure you have certificates in place to cover these names as SAN entries in each relevant cert.

thanks

Note: Please remember to `Mark as Answered` a post that answers your question and/or `Vote as Helpful` posts that have helped you. This will help others find answers to similar problems. For more Skype for Business help visit: http://www.skype4b.uk Please note that answers are based on my experience and opinion only and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer.

Thursday, March 17, 2016 8:13 PM
  • Hi,

I agree with Mark Vale, however, for internal, I think the CNAME lyncdiscover should be removed.

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Akampa Saturday, March 19, 2016 7:21 PM
    • Marked as answer by Eason HuangModerator Thursday, April 7, 2016 3:17 PM
    Friday, March 18, 2016 2:10 AM

All replies

• Hi

Sounds like you are missing some DNS records.

for internal DNS you need the following records

record type= cname, value=sip destination=lyncfrontendserver.domain.com

record type= cname, value=lyncdiscover destination=lyncfrontendserver.domain.com

record type= cname, value=lyncdiscoverinternal destination=lyncfrontendserver.domain.com

record type= srv, value=_sipinternaltls. protocol=_tcp port=5061 destination=sip.domain.com

for external

record type= A, value=sip destination=access edge IP

record type= A, value=lyncdiscover destination=reverse proxy IP

record type= srv, value=_sip. protocol=_tls port= 443 destination=sip.domain.com

You also need to make sure you have certificates in place to cover these names as SAN entries in each relevant cert.

thanks

Note: Please remember to `Mark as Answered` a post that answers your question and/or `Vote as Helpful` posts that have helped you. This will help others find answers to similar problems. For more Skype for Business help visit: http://www.skype4b.uk Please note that answers are based on my experience and opinion only and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer.

Thursday, March 17, 2016 8:13 PM
  • Hi,

I agree with Mark Vale, however, for internal, I think the CNAME lyncdiscover should be removed.

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Akampa Saturday, March 19, 2016 7:21 PM
    • Marked as answer by Eason HuangModerator Thursday, April 7, 2016 3:17 PM
    Friday, March 18, 2016 2:10 AM
  • I will test this out tomorrow.
    Friday, March 18, 2016 9:48 PM