none
Pin to task bar RRS feed

• General discussion

• For some unknown reason I can't get outlook and a program titled Password Plus to mount the task bar. They have done it when I didn't expect it and than they just dropped off. Maybe I'm missing something here, but I thought it was just pin to task bar and that was it.
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 6:17 AM

All replies

• This may sound like I'm dissing you but I just want to make sure; you did click pin to taskbar link for those icons, right? Also do you have other icons that are pinned to the taskbar that work, though those two don't? Sorry about the first question if you had indeed clicked that button/link, but just want to make sure.
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 7:53 AM
  • Yes I did . If I recall correctly there was a line that Microsoft had you put in the command prompt to fix this problem but I don't remember where I found it. I'll have to mess with a few settings and see if I can figure this out. I just would like this to be a common problem and not specific to my machine.
    Friday, February 20, 2009 5:51 AM
  • I have discovered an interesting bug. Try to install Office 2003 on Windows 7 (although you are not ideally meant to it does install and work) - you get all the icons pinned to the start bar correctly. Then upgrade Office to Office 2007. Again no dramas except once the upgrade is completed the 2007 icons do not replace the 2003 icons and it is impossible to unpin the 2003 icons . Hacking the registry got rid of them but most end users will try to do this and will be befuddled by the end result.

I think the added option of right click edit / rename/ delete is a mandatory inclusion that is required.

Ken
    IT Director
    Melbourne
    Thursday, March 5, 2009 1:12 PM